SoundBlaster ZxR Op-Amps

gramoflanz

Hey Guys,

so i was wondering if there is a possibility to flash the Op-Amps (for example the New Japan Radio NJM2114D) which are build in the ZxR to another Op-Amp (maybe the Burr-Brown OPA2132) with an EEPROM Flash kit?

I got a EEPROM flashing kit, but i don't want to crash my card. Just wanna know if there are any possibilities?

sincerely gramo

2 hours ago, gramoflanz said:

Hey Guys,

so i was wondering if there is a possibility to flash the Op-Amps (for example the New Japan Radio NJM2114D) which are build in the ZxR to another Op-Amp (maybe the Burr-Brown OPA2132) with an EEPROM Flash kit?

I got a EEPROM flashing kit, but i don't want to crash my card. Just wanna know if there are any possibilities?

sincerely gramo

You need to physically swap OP-AMPS. You can't flash them like BIOS.

24 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

You need to physically swap OP-AMPS. You can't flash them like BIOS.

thanks dude, could u also tell me why?

4 minutes ago, gramoflanz said:

thanks dude, could u also tell me why?

OP-AMP is a physical module without any software. To change its properties you need to replace it with a different one. It's just a chip with very small circuitry dedicated to audio processing. It's why some better soundcards have dedicated swappable OP-AMP's, so you can literally pull old one out and place a new one into the socket.

Btw, Sound Blaster ZxR has a swappable OP-AMP. You need to take off the EMI shield and replace one of these two modules (see the manual which is for stereo and which for surrounds as they are usually separate):

124db.jpg