Corsair 500D SE how to apply RGB.

So I’m gonna do a 500d SE build and wondering how to do RGB.

so it comes with 3 ll120 fans at the front.

now here’s the thing - intels cpu cooler’s don’t come with ll120 fans, the only one that does comes with white ll120 fans, which are specifically made to be used with radiators, and if you check the following thread, I’m told the black ones are not.

So which fans should I use for the top rad, rad at top so you can see fans from both sides. Should I then buy 1 ll120 fan for the back and then no rgb on front? Or should I buy a different brand of fan for the top and hope it doesn’t look funny? The h100 Black cpu cooler comes with ml rgb fans will those look funny just at top and will I need a separate icue board thing? Does anyone have a 500d se build and what did they do?

3 hours ago, The Torrent said:

So I’m gonna do a 500d SE build and wondering how to do RGB.

so it comes with 3 ll120 fans at the front.

now here’s the thing - intels cpu cooler’s don’t come with ll120 fans, the only one that does comes with white ll120 fans, which are specifically made to be used with radiators, and if you check the following thread, I’m told the black ones are not.

So which fans should I use for the top rad, rad at top so you can see fans from both sides. Should I then buy 1 ll120 fan for the back and then no rgb on front? Or should I buy a different brand of fan for the top and hope it doesn’t look funny? The h100 Black cpu cooler comes with ml rgb fans will those look funny just at top and will I need a separate icue board thing? Does anyone have a 500d se build and what did they do?

Hello, I would stay consistent with the fans, I have custom water cooling in the same case and ended up swapping the 3 black ll120 that came with the case for white ones, I probably could of reused them in the top and rear but when i purchased the case I had already bought 6 ll120 white fans. The blacks even at full speed on a dense fpi radiator barely was able to push any air though.

You can mix corsair fans in iCue when you go though initial setup it ask what type of fan you have connected.

Are you getting the 500d SE RGB version of the case?

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

1 hour ago, ddennis002 said:

Hello, I would stay consistent with the fans, I have custom water cooling in the same case and ended up swapping the 3 black ll120 that came with the case for white ones, I probably could of reused them in the top and rear but when i purchased the case I had already bought 6 ll120 white fans. The blacks even at full speed on a dense fpi radiator barely was able to push any air though.

You can mix corsair fans in iCue when you go though initial setup it ask what type of fan you have connected.

Are you getting the 500d SE RGB version of the case?

Could you send a photo of your build please? I’m curious how white fans look in a black case I feel they might look weird.

Yes the 500D SE which comes with 3 ll120 fans is what I’m going.

i want to do aio but I might just get an air cooler I can’t really afford to buy 6 ll120 fans as 2 of them I was hoping to use the ones with a radiator,

im wondering if a white radiator will look funny in the case?

11 hours ago, The Torrent said:

Could you send a photo of your build please? I’m curious how white fans look in a black case I feel they might look weird.

Yes the 500D SE which comes with 3 ll120 fans is what I’m going.

i want to do aio but I might just get an air cooler I can’t really afford to buy 6 ll120 fans as 2 of them I was hoping to use the ones with a radiator,

im wondering if a white radiator will look funny in the case?

Don't mind the red tubing and the black fans in the front, they were changed in the end, I was experimenting with air flow through the radiator with the black fans. The picture showing the front fans was the almost final result except I moved the RGB strip from the top of the power supply shroud up to the top of the case. I spent about a week on planning out how everything would be routed and laided out.  I also been meaning to get new white cable mod cables for the GPU power just haven't gotten around to it yet. Like i said in my previous post all 6 fans are white now. My radiator was black but i spray painted it white. I was trying to go for a black, white chrome look. I usually keep all the RGB set to static white sometimes I do colors.

Please excuse some of the mess in the pictures lol.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

RenderedImage.JPG

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

4 hours ago, ddennis002 said:

Don't mind the red tubing and the black fans in the front, they were changed in the end, I was experimenting with air flow through the radiator with the black fans. The picture showing the front fans was the almost final result except I moved the RGB strip from the top of the power supply shroud up to the top of the case. I spent about a week on planning out how everything would be routed and laided out.  I also been meaning to get new white cable mod cables for the GPU power just haven't gotten around to it yet. Like i said in my previous post all 6 fans are white now. My radiator was black but i spray painted it white. I was trying to go for a black, white chrome look. I usually keep all the RGB set to static white sometimes I do colors.

Please excuse some of the mess in the pictures lol.

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

RenderedImage.JPG

Great thanks! Build looks great!

4 hours ago, The Torrent said:

Great thanks! Build looks great!

Thanks

Internet Connection

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

Network

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch