Need non-earplug (on ear/over ear) wireless headphones

Bashrag

After almost 5 years of near-daily use, I lost my old pair of BT headphones a few months back and am now in the market for a new pair. I need help finding something that would fit my requirements. Any suggestions? Once I have a little shortlist of models to try out, I will scout local electronics stores and go try them out before I buy them!

• Budget: €100 and above. Don't want to cheap out, don't mind expensive headphones - can wait and save up, not in a hurry to purchase.

• Source: OnePlus 7 Pro & Windows Laptop. Is BT 5.0 worth chasing?

• Use case: Casual, on the go music listening (95% outdoor use) and phone calls. Noise isolation not essential.

• Tonal Balance: Balanced

• Music Genres: Classic & Hard Rock, Heavy Metal (eg: GnR, Deep Purple, Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin)

• Past Experience: Jabra Street BT3030 & Dell / Corseca DM5710BT

Other Notes:

• Form factor: Only on ear / over ear. Neckband would be great, but not essential. Absolutely do not want anything that's in-ear. I hate what it feels like.

• Durability: I'll likely hang on to these till they die or get lost/stolen. So I'm looking for something that's hardy and could survive a little bit of rain; my 2014 DM5710BT had been through multiple downpours and worked perfectly. Something that can be cleaned thoroughly every now and then would be great.

• Controls: Volume & Track controls are essential. Voice assistant control not needed (only ever use OK Google when driving)

• Sizing: I have slightly differently sized ears (right one's bigger) so I have trouble with in ear headphones. I wear glasses and some models of over-ear headphones that try to cup the entire ear tend to press my glasses against my ears / head and this gets painful quite quickly. Ideally something that doesn't clamp very tight around the head and has very soft pads would be great.

• Connectivity: Being able to pair to my phone plus my laptop at the same time would be great, but is not essential. 

I like the b and o h4 or h7 the h4 I think is more comfy though

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

I like the b and o h4 or h7 the h4 I think is more comfy though

I'll check them out. I've been out of the loop for a very long time - I've never heard of B&O! Have you ever compared them to one of the Bose, Sennheiser or Sony headphones?

1 hour ago, AkshayRao27 said:

I'll check them out. I've been out of the loop for a very long time - I've never heard of B&O! Have you ever compared them to one of the Bose, Sennheiser or Sony headphones?

They have their own sound comparable to Sennheiser or Sony Bluetooth headphones around that price nice detail moderately neutral very good mids and tight bass tend to be their house sound.