bad video quality on xfinity

SHG_Marsh

I am trying to watch sunday night football on my computer. I started watching it on xfinity online and the quality is so bad. I pout the quality at high but its still bad. I know its not the channel because the same problem is on other channels

2 hours ago, SHG_Marsh said:

I am trying to watch sunday night football on my computer. I started watching it on xfinity online and the quality is so bad. I pout the quality at high but its still bad. I know its not the channel because the same problem is on other channels

If you're on a Cable/DSL platform, the last mile of wiring can be the issue. However past experiences with both Cable and DSL platforms is that "bad quality on all channels" is always the customer's end, but "bad quality on inconsistent channels" is the headend. Particularly during inclement weather, rain fade on the broadcast points will result in lower quality video as the error correction works overtime and loses more data.

But it needs to be said that sports are supposed to be 720p60 broadcasts, and that means you should have at least a 16Mbit connection (same as you would for Netflix at HD) to achieve that. Being that it's cable, it can be congested, and I'd suggest calling to complain every time it happens.

8 hours ago, Kisai said:

If you're on a Cable/DSL platform, the last mile of wiring can be the issue. However past experiences with both Cable and DSL platforms is that "bad quality on all channels" is always the customer's end, but "bad quality on inconsistent channels" is the headend. Particularly during inclement weather, rain fade on the broadcast points will result in lower quality video as the error correction works overtime and loses more data.

But it needs to be said that sports are supposed to be 720p60 broadcasts, and that means you should have at least a 16Mbit connection (same as you would for Netflix at HD) to achieve that. Being that it's cable, it can be congested, and I'd suggest calling to complain every time it happens.

The OP is using Xfinity's own internal streaming service. Its all IP based, you can stream to web browser or Roku. Xfinity has one of the best Cable networks in the US, Max speeds up to 1 Gbps/35 Mbps. So speed and capacity should not be an issue. 

11 hours ago, SHG_Marsh said:

Xfinity's streaming service is still BETA. Meaning its still technically in a testing phase. Besides that Im not sure what to tell you. You can try calling them, but I doubt that will amount to much. If the rest of the internet is working fine, then I doubt its congestion. The last time I tried to use the service is was flat out broken for me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.