What is going on with my PC?

Flying Sausages

Can someone explains to me what the hell is going on with my PC?

So the problem is my my display, keyboard, and mouse no work when I forced shut down my PC because it freezes on shut down, and I can't activate the Windows button at all before shutting down my computer. After I forced shut down my computer then I turn it back on,  I noticed there is a Q code 00 on my motherboard, and keyboard and mouse and display no work at all. Q code 00 on my motherboard is bad when I did some researches online. I tried many attempt fixes like reseating the motherboard, reconnecting all cables, cleaning CPU thermal paste, checking GPU, and checking individual RAM and RAM slots, and no work. I have no more solution left to try, so I decided to flip the power switch off for more than 15 minutes. After 15 minutes passed, I flipped the power supply switch on, and the PC is working now. This issue happens to me twice in two weeks now. My local computer repair shops offer free diagnostic, but I can't bring in my PC to check when it is functioning normally. I check the voltage reading via HWMonitor, and my PSU pushes out full 5V, 3.3V, and 12V. MY PC can play games for more than 15 minutes without any issues at all, so what the hell is going on here? This is not normal.

10 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Can someone explains to me what the hell is going on with my PC?

So the problem is my my display, keyboard, and mouse no work when I forced shut down my PC because it freezes on shut down, and I can't activate the Windows button at all before shutting down my computer. After I forced shut down my computer then I turn it back on,  I noticed there is a Q code 00 on my motherboard, and keyboard and mouse and display no work at all. Q code 00 on my motherboard is bad when I did some researches online. I tried many attempt fixes like reseating the motherboard, reconnecting all cables, cleaning CPU thermal paste, checking GPU, and checking individual RAM and RAM slots, and no work. I have no more solution left to try, so I decided to flip the power switch off for more than 15 minutes. After 15 minutes passed, I flipped the power supply switch on, and the PC is working now. This issue happens to me twice in two weeks now. My local computer repair shops offer free diagnostic, but I can't bring in my PC to check when it is functioning normally. I check the voltage reading via HWMonitor, and my PSU pushes out full 5V, 3.3V, and 12V. MY PC can play games for more than 15 minutes without any issues at all, so what the hell is going on here? This is not normal.

Can you give us your full system specs or fill in your signature that would help us help you better.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Can you give us your full system specs or fill in your signature that would help us help you better.

i7 4790k @ 4.5GHz

32GB Corsair Vengeance Red DDR3

Maximus VII Hero

EVGA G2 850W

Strix GTX 970

I cleared CMOS, replaced CMOS battery, and checked PSU, and all come out good to me. 

When in doubt, update BIOS, I don't know how it would help, but it's a simple thing to do, and solves a lot of motherboard related issues.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Just now, Allshevski said:

When in doubt, update BIOS, I don't know how it would help, but it's a simple thing to do, and solves a lot of motherboard related issues. 

I am on the latest BIOS for years now. Should I reflash it again?

12 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

i7 4790k @ 4.5GHz

32GB Corsair Vengeance Red DDR3

Maximus VII Hero

EVGA G2 850W

Strix GTX 970

I cleared CMOS, replaced CMOS battery, and checked PSU, and all come out good to me. 

Thanks for that, however Im still confused.  Can you TLTR alto I read it all.  Summarize this for us.  In one sentence tell us your problem.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Thanks for that, however Im still confused.  Can you TLTR alto I read it all.  Summarize this for us.  In one sentence tell us your problem. 

The problem is I don't know why my motherboard gives me Q code 00, and no display, keyboard, and mouse after I force shut down when the PC stuck in regular Windows shutdown.

Just now, OlympicAssEater said:

The problem is I don't know why my motherboard gives me Q code 00, and no display, keyboard, and mouse after I force shut down when the PC stuck in regular Windows shutdown.

So Im assuming having said this you can't even get into the BIOS or get a post ?

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

So Im assuming having said this you can't even get into the BIOS or get a post ? 

Yeah. PC stuck in Q code 00. Display blackout. Keyboard and mouse no work. I have to flip the power supply button off for more than 15 minutes then turn it back on then the PC work normal like nothing happen. I am still confused what the hell is causing that twice in two weeks now.

11 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Yeah. PC stuck in Q code 00. Display blackout. Keyboard and mouse no work. I have to flip the power supply button off for more than 15 minutes then turn it back on then the PC work normal like nothing happen. I am still confused what the hell is causing that twice in two weeks now.

I must blame your sexy PSU.  There is no way the mobo needs 15 minutes off then work.  Nor hte video card.  It has to be the PSU not playing nice.  ASUS boards especially the one you have is made of quality components no such thing as a 15 min break ya know.  I point the finger on PSU my friend. 

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

I must blame your sexy PSU.  There is no way the mobo needs 15 minutes off then work.  Nor hte video card.  It has to be the PSU not playing nice.  ASUS boards especially the one you have is made of quality components no such thing as a 15 min break ya know.  I point the finger on PSU my friend.  

Are you sure it is the psu? Because my Windows 10 start menu becomes malfunction, so I have to right click on the start menu to shut down, and that is when everything freezes during shut diown, and I have to force shut down, and that is when the Q code 00 issue begins.

Code 00 is not used, however there is a code D0 which is a CPU Initialization Error. 

That means either your CPU has some kind of failure or doesn't get the correct voltage.  Intel CPUs aren't known for having hardware problems, so I'd look at the PSU first. 

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

Code 00 is not used, however there is a code D0 which is a CPU Initialization Error. 

That means either your CPU has some kind of failure or doesn't get the correct voltage.  Intel CPUs aren't known for having hardware problems, so I'd look at the PSU first.  

It looks like 00 more than D0 to me.

XKekv3W.jpg

7 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

It looks like 00 more than D0 to me.

That's because those displays don't have rounded corners.  This is straight from your motherboard's manual :

999632090_Maximus00.thumb.jpg.b78e93e31215eff14b0f7ca8ea98f683.jpg

2004419996_MaximusD0.jpg.b42d39b72e657c76c959d95dc502b2dd.jpg

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

That's because those displays don't have rounded corners.  This is straight from your motherboard's manual : 

999632090_Maximus00.thumb.jpg.b78e93e31215eff14b0f7ca8ea98f683.jpg

2004419996_MaximusD0.jpg.b42d39b72e657c76c959d95dc502b2dd.jpg

So I need to replace my psu?

2 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

So I need to replace my psu?

Not necessarily, but it is the first thing I'd look at when trying to find the cause of the problem. 

If you can borrow a PSU somewhere, I'd try that first and see if that solves it. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Not necessarily, but it is the first thing I'd look at when trying to find the cause of the problem.  

If you can borrow a PSU somewhere, I'd try that first and see if that solves it. 

What if the replacement PSU show the same issue again? Could it be either my motherboard or CPU die?

Yes, if you still have the problem with another PSU, it is time to look at the CPU or motherboard.  That's why I'd suggest borrowing a PSU instead of buying one.

If you can't borrow one or take one out of another PC, I'd suggest taking it to a shop.

4 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Yes, if you still have the problem with another PSU, it is time to look at the CPU or motherboard.  That's why I'd suggest borrowing a PSU instead of buying one.

If you can't borrow one or take one out of another PC, I'd suggest taking it to a shop.

I think I have a better idea

Since I am currently using EVGA G2 850W. I will buy a brand new from Amazon then return it back for refund using my partial working condition power supply I am using right now. I get no money lost but a brand new power supply. Is this a good idea?

On 8/18/2019 at 12:33 AM, Captain Chaos said:

This issue happens again, and this time my PC won't get pass POST nor let me go into the BIOS no matter what. Q code D0 or 00 comes back to haunt me again. I am going to order myself a brand new EVGA G1+ 650W PSU and Prime free delivery tomorrow to test my PC out. I hope it is the PSU fault because I don't have money to upgrade to Ryzen system.

I am typing this on my phone.