Any free start menu apps for win 8?

Nicolas

So I want my start menu back, and I need it to be free or to be able to buy it trough steam or amazon, because well, it took me about a month to convince my mom that steam was safe, so she is not going to want to pay on a random website, and  really I'd rather not get anything than getting trough that hassle. So yeee, what do you say?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

So I want my start menu back, and I need it to be free or to be able to buy it trough steam or amazon, because well, it took me about a month to convince my mom that steam was safe, so she is not going to want to pay on a random website, and  really I'd rather not get anything than getting trough that hassle. So yeee, what do you say?

I know there is a few free ones, but there is a reason they are free. If you get her to trust paypal you can get: startisback.com.

It's the best start menu that I've tried. and it's like 3 usd

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Start8 for $5.00 per year by Stardock, fucking love it (and comes with a bunch more features too!)

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

I agree with Name Taken. Classic shell is great and free!

Pilates

Startisback is the best IMO, classic shells good, but a once off 3 buck fee is really nothing, and its all done through PayPal, so no security issues really.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Is there a free trial of StartIsBack? So I can compare it to Classic Shell?

I love Classic Shell, so it will be hard to sway me. I'd like to try it first.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Is there a free trial of StartIsBack? So I can compare it to Classic Shell?

I love Classic Shell, so it will be hard to sway me. I'd like to try it first.

Yep, free trial here: http://startisback.com./#download-tab

After 30 days it makes you activate it with a key.

Yep, free trial here: http://startisback.com./#download-tab

After 30 days it makes you activate it with a key.

Thanks a lot. I know it's sad I didn't check their download page, but ... I've been really busy and tired due to sleep deprivation. Work and such. 

Thanks for being a trooper and posting it anyway. I never thought of looking there. 

Edit: And that didn't take long. After testing every feature it had, I've found that Classic Shell does everything it does. Except that StartIsBack does one thing that annoys me. 

Not only does Classic Shell do everything StartIsBack does, but it's a lot more customize-able (unless the Trial version has most of it's features locked away). And it does it for free. 

So yeah. I'll stick with Classic Shell.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.