X.M.P. = BSOD

Hi guys
So, my system is stable. For Firestrike, Timespy, Prime95 with lots of RAM-usage. Yet, as soon as I load the games I've been playing lately, it BSOD's - always some memory-stopcode, after max 2-3 mins of gameplay. I've done some troubleshooting; drivers, cooling (upping airflow to CLC and casefans), reseating the RAM-sticks, changing the RAM-slots (1-3, 2-4). And disabling the X.M.P. profile in the BIOS - the last one did the trick. I've had these sticks for about a year, it's only been the last week or so it's been doing this. I've tried loosening the timings a bit and/or giving them a little bit more voltage, as other suggestions on fora suggest - but to no aveil. So now I'm asking you guys, is something broken or is there something I haven't been aware of? 
If something is broken, I expect it to be RAM or Mobo, which is more likely, do you think?

System specs are: 
- R5 2600X (stock)

- GTX 1080ti (Gigabyte Aorus) (stock)

- Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming

- Corsair V RGB 16GB DDR4 Black 2x288, 3000MHz (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15)

- 850W titanium PSU

- In a O11 Dynamic with 6 fans (buttom-up stack-config) + a 240mm CLC with Vadars on. 

Temps are (celcius) - reported from HWInfo - last I checked, 30-secs-ish before a crash:
- CPU: 64

- Motherboard censors: 33-51

- RAM: 43 

- GPU: 72

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Update the Bios and run memtest86+

If this doesn't work, disable XMP and manually overclock your RAM as high as you can go testing with memtest86+ for stability.

PC Interest - Thriving | Wallet Status - Near Empty

Ryzen 7 3700X, ASUS Dual RTX 3070 (+OC)

Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 16GB) 3200MHz, ASRock X570 Pro4 

6 hours ago, Kasper_MC said:

Hi guys
So, my system is stable. For Firestrike, Timespy, Prime95 with lots of RAM-usage. Yet, as soon as I load the games I've been playing lately, it BSOD's - always some memory-stopcode, after max 2-3 mins of gameplay. I've done some troubleshooting; drivers, cooling (upping airflow to CLC and casefans), reseating the RAM-sticks, changing the RAM-slots (1-3, 2-4). And disabling the X.M.P. profile in the BIOS - the last one did the trick. I've had these sticks for about a year, it's only been the last week or so it's been doing this. I've tried loosening the timings a bit and/or giving them a little bit more voltage, as other suggestions on fora suggest - but to no aveil. So now I'm asking you guys, is something broken or is there something I haven't been aware of? 
If something is broken, I expect it to be RAM or Mobo, which is more likely, do you think?

System specs are: 
- R5 2600X (stock)

- GTX 1080ti (Gigabyte Aorus) (stock)

- Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming

- Corsair V RGB 16GB DDR4 Black 2x288, 3000MHz (CMR16GX4M2C3000C15)

- 850W titanium PSU

- In a O11 Dynamic with 6 fans (buttom-up stack-config) + a 240mm CLC with Vadars on. 

Temps are (celcius) - reported from HWInfo - last I checked, 30-secs-ish before a crash:
- CPU: 64

- Motherboard censors: 33-51

- RAM: 43 

- GPU: 72

XMP= Intel profile not relevant to Amd at all please download Ryzen calculator and use the safe profile for the given speed of your memory. 

13 hours ago, SMBGUY said:

XMP= Intel profile not relevant to Amd at all please download Ryzen calculator and use the safe profile for the given speed of your memory. 

Are you sure? I'm confident reviewers like LTT and HW-unboxed says to apply it? 

1 minute ago, Kasper_MC said:

Are you sure? I'm confident reviewers like LTT and HW-unboxed says to apply it? 

Its better to use Ryzen calculator as its designed for Ryzen CPU's XMP is designed for Intel. 

You will also get better performance even with safe settings 

Ok... I'm trying to update bios, but: On Gigabytes webpage it says to update the chipset driver, before installing the bios I need (F30), in order to install the bios I need (F31), in order to install the bios I need (F40), in order to install the latest bios (F42a). I downloaded the driver and ran the update, but - for the life of me, I can't figure out how to see if it's updated correctly, and that I'm running the newest driver for the chipset? 
Do any of you know how to check it for AMD X470? / Gigabyte Ultra Gaming, if there's a difference there? 

1 minute ago, SMBGUY said:

Its better to use Ryzen calculator as its designed for Ryzen CPU's XMP is designed for Intel. 

You will also get better performance even with safe settings 

Ok, well. I mostly wanna check if it'll even run the XMP. As that's their marketing, I wanna see if something is broken - most of all. Because I've runn the XMP-setting since August 2018, with no issue - and now it f's up. So I'm wondering wth is going on. 
Ryzen calc. safe settings btw also crashes to BSOD... 

F40>F42a from what i can see on the site

Edit

Make sure you reset everything to default before updating 

8 minutes ago, SMBGUY said:

F40>F42a from what i can see on the site

Edit

Make sure you reset everything to default before updating 

Yup, but I'm on the bios it came with, F2. So, as far as I can see: In order to install F42a, I need to "Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as BIOS F40 Note's description in advanced", and to install F40, it says: "If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F31 before F40". And to get to F31, I need the newer chipset drivers, as far as I can gather, because of the F30 description to: "Note : Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.50.16.01 or later version before update this BIOS"... 
So that's what I'm trying to figure out if I've done correctly, but I can't figure out where to check my chipset driver?!

Just go to Amd's site and download the latest one to make sure you won't hurt anything by doing that. 

Ok, but that version is called: 1.07.29.0115 - the latest version on Gigabytes page is 19.10.16 - and it says to at least install 18.50.16.01 - so I downloaded the latest from Gigabyte, the 19.10.16, and ran the installer - but wanted to make sure it was properly updated, but can't find anywhere in Windows or bios to see the version number?

1 hour ago, SMBGUY said:

I disagree, Ryzen calculator told me to use ludicrously tight timings, 3600 14-15-15-15 when my ram kit is sold as CL18. It wouldn't even post with the timings it suggested. 

XMP isn't really just an Intel thing, even though Intel came up with the name. It's just an SPD table entry that the manufacturer validated the memory to run at. Nothing more or less than that. 

The bios update seems to have done it. Memtest86 showed 0 errors in 4 passes of full tests, with XMP. One day when I have a little more patience, I'm gonna try to bench against what I can get stable with Ryzen calc, just to see the improvements. I'll let you guys know if I ever get around to it. 

Thanks for all the help and comments :)