help me choose a GPU

dreamcast4599

so right now i have a ryzen 5 2600 at stock speeds alongside a 1660Ti my screen res is 1080p id like to upgrade to something a little better preff from amd. now i know my 1660Ti isnt that bad of a gpu but id like to upgrade my gpu just incase i overclok my cpu and also cuz some games struggle to max out with my 1660Ti

dpmt yet have a budget but would deff prefer an amd card if possible the cheaper the better if possble

https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-radeon-rx-5700-8g-gddr6

https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-100417p8gl/p/N82E16814202350?Description=rx 5700&cm_re=rx_5700-_-14-202-350-_-Product

though it is out of stock right now. might have to wait. but that should be enough. the non xt version. since you said cheaper is better.

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

@dreamcast4599

What is your current power supply?

You may need to upgrade in order to run the RX-5700(XT) like these folks are suggesting.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

8 hours ago, Epimetheus said:

you're looking at either a 5700 or 5700 xt. Make sure to get the partner boards

why partner boards am i missing something

8 hours ago, BarackOBatman said:

@dreamcast4599

What is your current power supply?

You may need to upgrade in order to run the RX-5700(XT) like these folks are suggesting.

seasonic focus gold 750 watt

Idk if you didn t understand this but the 5700 XT is diffrent from 5700. 5700 XT is equivalent to rtx 2070 super and 5700 is like a 2060 super 

45 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

why partner boards am i missing something

Partner boards because the default cooler design is a loud, hot blower. Cheap partner designs like the Sapphire Pulse are like $20 more and vastly superior. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 8/16/2019 at 11:36 PM, dreamcast4599 said:

seasonic focus gold 750 watt

Your power supply is awesome. Should easily handle any single video card on the market.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

On 8/16/2019 at 10:21 PM, fasauceome said:

Cheap partner designs like the Sapphire Pulse are like $20 more

Newegg lists most of them at $10 more...

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

1 hour ago, BTGbullseye said:

Newegg lists most of them at $10 more...

Even better, cheaper than launch MSRP

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad