best headphone?

So I was wondering what will be the best headphones for songs i listen to, specifically I listen to:

Smooth Jazz

Upbeat Jazz like Cubano Chant

Portugal the Man

Eminem

and a bit of Bass heavy Rap

Now I know my taste of music is a bit colorful, but what do you guys think is the best audiophile headphone for these type of music? Price is no problem.

Well I have the MSR7 headphones and I like them. My only thing with them is that they are a little light on bass imo. I prefer a little more balanced sound but the bass isn't very present sometimes. I am sure you could tweak it in the EQ. Do you want a pair of wired? Do you have a headphone AMP?

Will you be gaming? Do you have a dac or amp? Open-back or closed-back? Wireless or wired?

If you want something that's about a hundred bucks and is Bluetooth, my Sennheiser HD 4.40s are great. They aren't super bass-heavy, but they sound great otherwise.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

22 minutes ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

I mean. If price is no problem...

image.png.d0ffeaaf974a13184cff46a19bc340b5.png

Personally not the biggest fan of them clarity is great but found similarly or cheaper prices offerings from audeze, hifiman, focal , and beyerdynamic to be more impressive. Pretty disappointed in this one to be homest. But I'm also not a big fan of the 700 and the 800. 

11 hours ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

I mean. If price is no problem...

This price is an Avengers level threat

12 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Will you be gaming? Do you have a dac or amp? Open-back or closed-back? Wireless or wired?

If you want something that's about a hundred bucks and is Bluetooth, my Sennheiser HD 4.40s are great. They aren't super bass-heavy, but they sound great otherwise.

I game, im gonna buy an amp with the headphone, open back all the way, and wired ofc.

12 hours ago, peoncup said:

Well I have the MSR7 headphones and I like them. My only thing with them is that they are a little light on bass imo. I prefer a little more balanced sound but the bass isn't very present sometimes. I am sure you could tweak it in the EQ. Do you want a pair of wired? Do you have a headphone AMP?

I dont like closed backs, but thx for the suggestion, also im gonna buy an amp with the headphones

39 minutes ago, AL1V3 said:

I dont like closed backs, but thx for the suggestion, also im gonna buy an amp with the headphones

I think giving us a nice buget for us to work around as "best headphone" is a very subjective thing and we could suggest up to a $50 000 heapdhone "if price is not an issue"

8 hours ago, AL1V3 said:

I game, im gonna buy an amp with the headphone, open back all the way, and wired ofc.

HD598? I'd recommend going to a store and trying some out.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I'm with rice guru and kelvinhall05 - phones are subjective. Get your ears on them whenever possible.

If you like a little bass then the Bayerdynamics DT 990 Pro are worth a shot at a reasonable £100. Otherwise the Sennheiser HD600 (or the Massdrop equivalent) can be had for between £200 and £300 and they are good all round performers that should handle both the jazz and the Eminem.

1 minute ago, msknight said:

I'm with rice guru and kelvinhall05 - phones are subjective. Get your ears on them whenever possible.

If you like a little bass then the Bayerdynamics DT 990 Pro are worth a shot at a reasonable £100. Otherwise the Sennheiser HD600 (or the Massdrop equivalent) can be had for between £200 and £300 and they are good all round performers that should handle both the jazz and the Eminem.

There is no massdrop equivelant of the 600's and the 600's are not very good for gaming compared to the 660 or the HD 58x as they have wider soundstage a and better Imaging

28 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

HD598? I'd recommend going to a store and trying some out.

HD 58x is around the same price from massdrop and is overall both a better headphone on paper and better for gaming

4 minutes ago, rice guru said:

There is no massdrop equivelant of the 600's and the 600's are not very good for gaming compared to the 660 or the HD 58x as they have wider soundstage a and better Imaging

The OP didn't mention gaming. I do have the 58X jubilee and the 600, and the soundstage is similar to my ears.

8 minutes ago, msknight said:

The OP didn't mention gaming. I do have the 58X jubilee and the 600, and the soundstage is similar to my ears.

Oh shit you right this whole board usually asking about gaming I forgot this was a rare case. Yeah a HD 600 with like a little dot mk2 or a dark voice would be excellent I feel it needs tube cause the cans are kinda flat and boring otherwise it needs the warmth of tubes

22 hours ago, AL1V3 said:

So I was wondering what will be the best headphones for songs i listen to, specifically I listen to:

Smooth Jazz

Portugal the Man

Eminem

Now I know my taste of music is a bit colorful, but what do you guys think is the best audiophile headphone for these type of music? Price is no problem.

If you like nice amount of bass extension the Fidelio X2 and the he 4xx are exellent open backs.definitely not the best headphones for your taste but some of the best for a more reasonable price that. The best

On 8/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, AL1V3 said:

Smooth Jazz

Portugal the Man

Eminem

Since price is no problem, try looking at the TOTL (top-of-the-line) headphones from Abyss Headphones or Stax Audio. 

On 8/16/2019 at 3:31 PM, AL1V3 said:

Smooth Jazz

Portugal the Man

Eminem

I agree with @zrmaxwell about taking a look at top end stax, they're extremely good. I'm also seriously enjoying my HD800's and HDV820 amplifier combo, They stack up pretty well to my stereo system (Mcintosh MA9000, B&W 803 D3's) Also, take a good look at MrSpeakers.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Nad Viso HP50. Try to get them for around $100. Criminally underrated. If the headband is too tight and the clamp is too hard, don’t be afraid to bend the headband with all of your strength to make it more oval and less square.