Bad GPU?

Sumolizer

So i was having problems after buying a RX560.PC Shutdowns and restarts at itself. Like someone plugged it out and instantly he plugged in.

I first thought it was my PSU.

I RMA it and got a good antec one.

Then i though it was my MB I changed it as well also the ram sticks.

Now it narows to my GPU.

I ran the Furmark test and the pc crashed.

I stil have a local warranty Should i go for it?(The shop is very far thou)

Should i opt for a 960 2gb instead of that RX560?

4 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

Should i opt for a 960 2gb instead of that RX560?

They're a pretty similar performance level so yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it back and swap it out.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

They're a pretty similar performance level so yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it back and swap it out.

So its a gpu problem?

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I wouldn't recommend the 960 because of 2GB VRAM.

2 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

I wouldn't recommend the 960 because of 2GB VRAM.

1080p medium/low doesn't really present a problem with that card, which would be the expected performance target anyway

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

1080p medium/low doesn't really present a problem with that card, which would be the expected performance target anyway

But if the RX 560 performs the same, but has 4GB of VRAM, wouldn't it make sense to get another one of those? You can almost always increase texture quality in games without affecting performance as it almost entirely down to how much VRAM you have. He could use 1080p medium with high/ultra textures on a 560 but probably just medium textures on a 960.

7 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

But if the RX 560 performs the same, but has 4GB of VRAM, wouldn't it make sense to get another one of those? You can almost always increase texture quality in games without affecting performance as it almost entirely down to how much VRAM you have. He could use 1080p medium with high/ultra textures on a 560 but probably just medium textures on a 960.

From the sound of it, it didn't seem like a 560 was available, but if there's a functional RX 560 unit then it's a better choice

Primary PC:

34 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

From the sound of it, it didn't seem like a 560 was available, but if there's a functional RX 560 unit then it's a better choice

42 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

54 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

Most likely.

Thank for suggestion guys.

I just want to ask one more question now.

Q) My psu is Antec HCG 520w ( non modular)

At review websites and in some unboxing videos I have realized that it has only 2 x 6+2pin PCI power connector.

But in my case my psu got 2 x 6+2pin PCi and also a single 6 pin pci connector(Maybe that shopkeeper did something)

Can this be the reason of gpu not getting enough power and shutting down?

10 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

Can this be the reason of gpu not getting enough power and shutting down?

A single 6+2 pin is rated for 150 watts, which is far more than enough for those graphics cards.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

A single 6+2 pin is rated for 150 watts, which is far more than enough for those graphics cards.

Its not 6+2 its only 6 pin

12 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

Its not 6+2 its only 6 pin

6 pin is still enough, 75 watts each.

Primary PC: