Problem with AIO and cpu

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

sitting in the upper 50s at idle is bad... Try tweaking the speed of your pump. Fan configuration matters very little truthfully if its in push or pull, Generally pull is the easiest of them for cleaning purposes, but push looks better because you dont have the messy structure support beams showing. I had a friend who has the H100i and her problem was the RPM of the pump was not enough and was causing her hi idle and load temps. Once I got her to tweak the pump speed, it is now working correctly. 

So i got this AIO yesterday and it looks like this, also the fans are placed as intake since i have two exhaust fans in the back in my h500i case, is my radiator placement fine? Or did i place it wrong? Also will this help me do a comfortable OC on my ryzen 7 2700x? it's been running a bit too hot lately (took out the block for repaste don't mind it)

7AEA3C28-90E4-40D7-88B3-7EAE0BDF2A26.jpeg

Is the pump working properly/have you updated the bios? That aio should be keeping a 2700X cool as a cucumber.

That’s how you mount it in that case. You could flip it 180 if you have too much slack in the hoses.

4 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

So i got this AIO yesterday and it looks like this, also the fans are placed as intake since i have two exhaust fans in the back in my h500i case, is my radiator placement fine? Or did i place it wrong? Also will this help me do a comfortable OC on my ryzen 7 2700x? it's been running a bit too hot lately (took out the block for repaste don't mind it)

7AEA3C28-90E4-40D7-88B3-7EAE0BDF2A26.jpeg

The Pump should not be the highest point in the system atleast turn the radiator upside down so air does not get trapped in the pump 

The H500i is a terrible case for thermals. I had one and I loathed it. It has very little in terms of intake and with a 240mm rad mounted upfront it's even worse. I sold that case as quick as possible and bought a high airflow case that I could top mount the radiator in.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

19 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Is the pump working properly/have you updated the bios? That aio should be keeping a 2700X cool as a cucumber.

Yes done all that and still had some problem and hitting 85-88c on idle temps before I did the repaste it’s now at 60c idle and 76c at full load I am wondering why the original AIO paste was so bad? 

21 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

That’s how you mount it in that case. You could flip it 180 if you have too much slack in the hoses.

So it should be ok AIO wise right? I gotta be honest this case was hard to work with in putting the AIO but at least my temps are better after the repaste so I guess problem solved 

20 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

The Pump should not be the highest point in the system atleast turn the radiator upside down so air does not get trapped in the pump 

So I should flip it? So the tubes go from under not top?

14 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The H500i is a terrible case for thermals. I had one and I loathed it. It has very little in terms of intake and with a 240mm rad mounted upfront it's even worse. I sold that case as quick as possible and bought a high airflow case that I could top mount the radiator in.

Tell me about it, all I’ve heard from tech reviewers were good things about this case but after actually owning it I’m seeing why some people are hating it and unfortunately I’ll have to stick with it, the AIO installation was horrible btw

sitting in the upper 50s at idle is bad... Try tweaking the speed of your pump. Fan configuration matters very little truthfully if its in push or pull, Generally pull is the easiest of them for cleaning purposes, but push looks better because you dont have the messy structure support beams showing. I had a friend who has the H100i and her problem was the RPM of the pump was not enough and was causing her hi idle and load temps. Once I got her to tweak the pump speed, it is now working correctly. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

So it should be ok AIO wise right? I gotta be honest this case was hard to work with in putting the AIO but at least my temps are better after the repaste so I guess problem solved 

It’s just an aesthetic thing, so if you like the way it looks don’t bother. I saw you mention in another comment about the stock paste being terrible. You’re not alone, I’ve used 3 Corsair AIO and always replace the included paste because it’s garbage. 

7 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

It’s just an aesthetic thing, so if you like the way it looks don’t bother. I saw you mention in another comment about the stock paste being terrible. You’re not alone, I’ve used 3 Corsair AIO and always replace the included paste because it’s garbage. 

Yeah the paste is a bit off lol but I am idling at 60c so I’m gonna take @Skiiwee29 suggestion and see if it helps 

30 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

Yes done all that and still had some problem and hitting 85-88c on idle temps before I did the repaste it’s now at 60c idle and 76c at full load I am wondering why the original AIO paste was so bad? 

You're still doing something wrong - an AIO of that size should be in the 50s under load at stock.

8 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You're still doing something wrong - an AIO of that size should be in the 50s under load at stock.

Just figured it out It was set to no fan noise mode which turns them off I think? Explains why they were spinning only 5% of the time I can finally say it’s solved now idling at 48c 

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

Just figured it out It was set to no fan noise mode which turns them off I think? Explains why they were spinning only 5% of the time I can finally say it’s solved now idling at 48c 

There you go :)