Steelseries apex pro (omnipoint) vs. Razer huntsman elite

Dtrojan

Hello everyone, just trying to get a few opinions on which of these two keyboards I should get. I loved the feeling of typing on my brothers razer ornata keyboard, I don't mind the noise and love the 'click' so I'm hoping the huntsman is similar but I have not had the opportunity to use it. 

I have also read some good things about the steelseries apex pro, and like how it comes with a usb pass through unlike the huntsman. Thing is I'm not sure if the whole omnipoint feature is something i would actually use or if it is just a gimmick. I'm also unsure if it'll have the same satisfactory feeling that I got from typing on the razer ornata. 

Either choice would be a massive upgrade considering right now all I have is a flat hp keyboard that I will not miss at all. Any advice would be much appreciated!

11 hours ago, rice guru said:

Out of the 2 I would go with the steel series as it uses cherry switches. But I would personally get one of these on the link, an Anne pro, or a ducky keyboard . you have more  choices on key switches and is much cheaper an built very well.https://www.pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-customized

You just blew my mind! I had no idea you can customize a keyboard to this extent, I think you may have just made my decision harder lol. I have no idea what the difference is between half of these switches, looks like a may have to buy one of those key switch testers. 

2 hours ago, Dtrojan said:

You just blew my mind! I had no idea you can customize a keyboard to this extent, I think you may have just made my decision harder lol. I have no idea what the difference is between half of these switches, looks like a may have to buy one of those key switch testers. 

Probably the best way to decide. They also offer some of the best cherry clones out there

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

Probably the best way to decide. They also offer some of the best cherry clones out there

Well thank you for your advice, this should definitely help. 

If you want keyboard with same switches as the ones in Razer Huntsman for much less then get Bloody B975. :)