post code question

BatouRem
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
20 minutes ago, BatouRem said:

So they don't mean something is wrong? if so good, if something is broke now I can try and fix it. i just don't want to go a month then bam! BSOD. i would rather this be like a band-aid if you know what i mean.?

Thanks

nah, it's totally normal, it just shows what it's testing

and on a taichi it takes a couple seconds, my server does this for example as well, and takes over a minute for it

I just finished my build and everything seems to run just fine, however when I restarted the computer after an update. I noticed that the Dr. debug led's for my x470 taichi cycle through like ten codes before windows pops up. as soon as the splash is gone and windows boots they go away. should I do further digging, or is this normal?  I'm unsure if it did that before the windows update. none of the codes stay long enough to really see what is wrong. other than the post code stuff the computer seems to run normal.

Thanks in advance.

Those are the POST codes, they tell you what stage is loading at the moment. Very useful when overclocking so you know where it gets stuck.

They are perfectly normal, if you want to know exactly what they mean you can look in the manual for your motherboard :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

So they don't mean something is wrong? if so good, if something is broke now I can try and fix it. i just don't want to go a month then bam! BSOD. i would rather this be like a band-aid if you know what i mean.?

Thanks

1 minute ago, BatouRem said:

Thanks

Ifthey all switch off and it boots nothing to worry. Once one of them stays red then there might be an issue 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, BatouRem said:

Thanks

Haha no, they are supposed to do that. It's all good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

Ifthey all switch off and it boots nothing to worry. Once one of them stays red then there might be an issue 

The Toaster has a few rolling when booted because someone hit the socket with a screwdriver and killed one of the RAM slots. Works just fine as long as you don't use the number one slot.

Builds:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, BatouRem said:

Thanks

If something was wrong it would stop at one of them and not boot.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

20 minutes ago, BatouRem said:

Thanks

nah, it's totally normal, it just shows what it's testing

and on a taichi it takes a couple seconds, my server does this for example as well, and takes over a minute for it

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

The Toaster has a few rolling when booted because someone hit the socket with a screwdriver and killed one of the RAM slots. Works just fine as long as you don't use the number one slot.

I’m confused ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD