DVD drive solution

BelgianNoise

I am thinking of building a 3900X rig in a corsair case of some sort. But it doesnt support 5.25" bays which i need/want for ripping dvds.

I am looking for some external solution, but i dont just want one of those flat readers with USB2.0.
Well I am not actually sure if USB3.0 would be better.

I am looking for 2 dvd rw's in one. 3 would also be nice, idk, i cant seem to find anything at the moment.
If you can link me one, please do :)
I hope that is enough info.

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

This reminds me of those duplicators that were used at the beginning of the century (early 2000 ?) when a friend of mine like a lot to burn discs and DVDs, maybe a duplicator is what you are looking for because they are made just for that, (to burn massively)

https://www.amazon.com/Acumen-Disc-STANDALONE-Duplicator-DVD-burner/dp/B008B8UKN0

71Z%2BS9xeNlL._SL1500_.jpg

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

4 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

This reminds me of those duplicators that were used at the beginning of the century (early 2000 ?) when a friend of mine like a lot to burn discs and DVDs, maybe a duplicator is what you are looking for because they are made just for that, (to burn massively)

https://www.amazon.com/Acumen-Disc-STANDALONE-Duplicator-DVD-burner/dp/B008B8UKN0

So for my pc this would just be one drive ? i need them to be seperate drives

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

I honestly don't know if what you are looking for exists, I don't remember seeing a device that includes 2 or 3 DVD / RW in one. But maybe if you look at SATA Org you'll have more luck:

Also, remember that DVD/RWs are also SATA, that is, you should be able to connect more than one in the same machine if that machine has more than one pair of SATA slots on your motherboard.

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

Single drive enclosures seem to exist.  I don't think you will find any with more using a USB connection.

https://www.newegg.com/vantec-nst-536s3-bk-enclosure/p/N82E16817392100?Description=external dvd drive enclosure&cm_re=external_dvd_drive_enclosure-_-17-392-100-_-Product

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

tnx all, probably gonna get 2 of those externals over USB2.0 and a hub.

6 minutes ago, Caroline said:

wouldn't be easier to get a case with the proper bays? It'll probably be cheaper than getting 3 drives with enclosures, power supplies and converters.

i have a case that supports that right now, but ones without support look better tho.

Sure! With pleasure and if you need more help do not hesitate to post again!