Wired vs Wireless Headset

Vibora

Hey, im in a need of a new headset, I'm currently using the G933.

I'm thinking about the HyperX Cloud Revolver S or the Steelseries Arctis 7 or even the ASUS ROG Strix Wireless

What should I go with? Also open to any other recommendations

is mobility important? if so get the wireless if not get the wired one

3 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

is mobility important? if so get the wireless if not get the wired one

How big is the difference in the audio quality and etc between Wired and wireless?

Just now, Vibora said:

How big is the difference in the audio quality and etc between Wired and wireless?

wired is better but imo its not too big if the headphones are the same quality i think the bigger problem is that being wireless usually adds like 50-100 dollars to the price. so for a 100 dollar wired headphone to get a similar quality wireless headphone you need to spend like 150 or 200 dollars

8 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

wired is better but imo its not too big if the headphones are the same quality i think the bigger problem is that being wireless usually adds like 50-100 dollars to the price. so for a 100 dollar wired headphone to get a similar quality wireless headphone you need to spend like 150 or 200 dollars

I see.

Any suggestions for a wireless headset?

1 minute ago, Vibora said:

I see.

Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKVCVSY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LYJuDbBWEB64V personally I like these over the Arctic’s. Wired mode is phenomenal sound and the wireless is still great but any headset over wireless there is a slight degrade in audio quality. But unless your a audiophile you really won’t care. 

5 minutes ago, Vibora said:

I see.

And honestly I used to have hyper x cloud 2s which are wired and great for the price but lately hyperx has been super cheap with there newer headsets which is a disappointment, at their price point I would get something better 

21 minutes ago, IC4 said:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKVCVSY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_LYJuDbBWEB64V personally I like these over the Arctic’s. Wired mode is phenomenal sound and the wireless is still great but any headset over wireless there is a slight degrade in audio quality. But unless your a audiophile you really won’t care. 

I would recommend stay away from the m50 sucks for almost everything except for monitoring. Sucks especially for gaming no separation no soundstage and due to both of them no imaging all very important for gaming. If you want a nice gaming headset both wired or wireless look at Sennheiser they make pretty competent wireless headsets 

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I would recommend stay away from the m50 sucks for almost everything except for monitoring. Sucks especially for gaming no separation no soundstage and due to both of them no imaging all very important for gaming. If you want a nice gaming headset both wired or wireless look at Sennheiser they make pretty competent wireless headsets 

I don’t feel like they suck. I think that’s a little harsh. But throwing out any sennheiser headset wouldn’t make sense either, i think he’s asking more specifics. 

8 minutes ago, IC4 said:

I don’t feel like they suck. I think that’s a little harsh. But throwing out any sennheiser headset wouldn’t make sense either, i think he’s asking more specifics. 

For the price and for gaming they definitely suck. Especially comapred to the competition like the dt770. Akg k553 mk2 or a meze 99 noir even the Sennheiser momentum 2. i already said why they suck for gaming.  I would say them get the gsp 670 but they are pricey  for your use case I would opt to get a Sennheiser PC37x. But they are wired. I can't really reccomend any wireless bheadsets under $200 for my lack of experience with them VM wise I only really try out wired headphones .

55 minutes ago, rice guru said:

For the price and for gaming they definitely suck. Especially comapred to the competition like the dt770. Akg k553 mk2 or a meze 99 noir even the Sennheiser momentum 2. i already said why they suck for gaming.  I would say them get the gsp 670 but they are pricey  for your use case I would opt to get a Sennheiser PC37x. But they are wired. I can't really reccomend any wireless bheadsets under $200 for my lack of experience with them VM wise I only really try out wired headphones .

I don't find the gsp 670 and pc37x on Amazon.

Any other suggestions maybe?

Just now, Vibora said:

I don't find the gsp 670 and pc37x on Amazon.

Any other suggestions maybe?

the  gsp 600 or the game zeros are suspposed to be pretty decent. 

13 minutes ago, rice guru said:

the  gsp 600 or the game zeros are suspposed to be pretty decent. 

What about Wireless, anything you'd go with?

6 hours ago, Vibora said:

What about Wireless, anything you'd go with?

Not really ,  blue tooth headphones don't interface well with windows . So a headset might be best. The arctis , and g pro wireless or the hyper x wireless headsets seem pretty ok and are all pretty well recieved.

As RiceGuru said, M50's are very unflattering. I use them for studio monitoring when recording as they don't offer much spill into microphones, but audio consumption (music, gaming, etc.) on them is quite boring.

Again, Wireless with Windows will be a problem 66.6% of the time. And 69% of statistics are made up on the spot... haha

If you really insist on wireless, might I recommend a Sennheiser or other brand that comes with a wireless dock. This way you don't have to rely on Window's lacking wireless quality and stability and you have a nice place to put your headphones on after use that charges them. I had one of these for a while and was very happy with the quality, and it was a Sennheiser from some 10 years ago, can't remember the model.

Otherwise, just go wired. You don't have to worry about charging, batteries, connection, latency...