1440p stuttering in games & benchmarks. Help?

itsaero

I recently bought a brand new 144hz 1440p monitor (Aurous AD27QD) and I have been bench marking in Furmark for the past hour or so, and have come to notice a lot of stutter when benchmarking in 2560x1440. If I were to however benchmark in 1080p, no stutter whatsoever. Is this normal? The reason I originally started bench marking was because I felt as if there was stutter during my game play, and it seems that it might be true.

Am I supposed to be stuttering in 1440p in Furmark? How can I get rid of it?

P.S. It's very minimal stutter, but enough to be irritating, and happens frequently. Pretty much just cuts out individual frames and moves to the next.

Specs:

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Ready-to-Run-PCs/Gaming-PC/77495-SS-VENGEX2080TI-WC#specs

Have you disabled Windows Game mode?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Have you disabled Windows Game mode?

No, I haven't actually. How exactly do I do that? I'm on Windows 10 1903.

6 minutes ago, itsaero said:

I have been bench marking in Furmark for the past hour or so,

Sorry, but why would you do that?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Sorry, but why would you do that?

Well I've felt like my gameplay has been stuttering, and I was advised to test in Furmark. And 1440p is stuttering in Furmark.

6 minutes ago, itsaero said:

No, I haven't actually. How exactly do I do that? I'm on Windows 10 1903.

Go to settings > Gaming > Game Mode and turn it off. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

Go to settings > Gaming > Game Mode and turn it off. 

Just tried. No luck :(

Just now, itsaero said:

Well I've felt like my gameplay has been stuttering, and I was advised to test in Furmark. And 1440p is stuttering in Furmark.

Well 1440p 144hz is arguably the most difficult target resolution, so of course there is going to be some stuttering. What where you playing, at what settings, and what frame rates were you getting?

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Well 1440p 144hz is arguably the most difficult target resolution, so of course there is going to be some stuttering. What where you playing, at what settings, and what frame rates were you getting?

On Furmark I was getting as high as 155

1 minute ago, itsaero said:

On Furmark I was getting as high as 155

That's irrelevant. I need to know what range you were getting on an actual game.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's irrelevant. I need to know what range you were getting on an actual game.

i.e. Fortnite (I know, I know). Getting 200+ with medium to low settings.

Bit off topic, but.. Did you actually pay over 6k $$ for that PC...?

Coming back to the stuttering issue, how is it in games? Do you have adaptive sync enabled? Because that should eliminate most stuttering/tearing issues. What are temps, cpu/gpu usage?

Cheers

8 hours ago, Envit0 said:

Bit off topic, but.. Did you actually pay over 6k $$ for that PC...?

Coming back to the stuttering issue, how is it in games? Do you have adaptive sync enabled? Because that should eliminate most stuttering/tearing issues. What are temps, cpu/gpu usage?

Cheers

I have FreeSync enabled in the monitors settings, which allows me to enable G-Sync via Nvidia control panel, in which I have already turned on too. 

I am facing the same issue in Apex legends 99% of the time its good but sometimes it just stutters/freeze

12 hours ago, itsaero said:

I have FreeSync enabled in the monitors settings, which allows me to enable G-Sync via Nvidia control panel, in which I have already turned on too. 

Do you have a second monitor plugged in? Or running games/furmark in windowed mode? I know Gsync has issues with two monitors (if they have different refresh rates) and sometimes with windowed mode as well.

If none of the above, then you would need to check and monitor the CPU/GPU usage and see how graphs act when the stutter occurs both in games and benchmark tools.

Freesync/Gsync should run ultra smooth on that monitor.. So might be other hardware parts that cause it.

Any overlock on CPU, RAM, GPU?