What would you recommend me?

Buksi

Hey,

I'm gonna be buying a new PC, plan is sometime in september (for now). I wanna be gaming and most likely streaming, maybe some light video editing and stuff like that. Budget is around $1750 taxes included (I'm from Hungary).

First thing I wanna ask is what do you guys think of pairing a PC of this budget with a fullHD 144hz 1ms 24 inch monitor. Is it overkill for a monitor like that? Thing is my current PC is a good 7 years old, I don't wanna wait any longer with a new one. At first I thought I'd buy a 1440p 27 inch for this new PC but it looks like it's gonna be out of my budget in september. Plan is definitely to switch to 1440p gaming eventually, at latest i'm gonna be switching early next year but I do want a new PC next month. So basically should I spend all the $1750 budget with 1440p in mind and just use it with a fullHD monitor for a few months or should I cut something from the PC to be able to afford a solid 1440p monitor?

And what do you guys think of the following parts that I'm thinking about for now: for the processor I thought the best buy would be the 3700x paired with a custom 5700 XT if the reviews are gonna be good later this month. Reading reviews and benchmarks about the 3700x, everyone seems to be happy with the performance and it seems to be future proof for a good 2-3 years which is a bonus for me. I'm still not set on the 5700 XT, was playing around with pcpartpicker and I could maybe fit in a 2080 but yea not sure which versions. I've been trying to look for gaming benchmarks on youtube and while there are a ton of videos of that they provide with different results, some have better fps than others so I will definitely need help with choosing parts as I'm kinda new to the whole hardware scene (haven't been caring too much about it these past few years).

I missed a lot of great single player games in the past 5 years or so and I will definitely want to enjoy those kinda games again that's why I'm planning to build a new PC, also the latest multiplayer games I had to skip cause I was unable to run them properly (BF1, BF5, CoD).

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

4 minutes ago, Buksi said:

Budget is around $1750 taxes included (I'm from Hungary).

Give us a website you'll buy from so we can pick parts, seems like the pricing is very different

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

To answer your question about the monitor, I would build this for $1750 and get the monitor early next year when you have the money. You'll be spending $400 for a good 1440p 144Hz monitor so if you bought it now that would leave $1350 for the PC which is not very much to build a PC for powering a 1440p 144Hz.

1 hour ago, Buksi said:

Hey,

I'm gonna be buying a new PC, plan is sometime in september (for now). I wanna be gaming and most likely streaming, maybe some light video editing and stuff like that. Budget is around $1750 taxes included (I'm from Hungary).

First thing I wanna ask is what do you guys think of pairing a PC of this budget with a fullHD 144hz 1ms 24 inch monitor. Is it overkill for a monitor like that? Thing is my current PC is a good 7 years old, I don't wanna wait any longer with a new one. At first I thought I'd buy a 1440p 27 inch for this new PC but it looks like it's gonna be out of my budget in september. Plan is definitely to switch to 1440p gaming eventually, at latest i'm gonna be switching early next year but I do want a new PC next month. So basically should I spend all the $1750 budget with 1440p in mind and just use it with a fullHD monitor for a few months or should I cut something from the PC to be able to afford a solid 1440p monitor?

And what do you guys think of the following parts that I'm thinking about for now: for the processor I thought the best buy would be the 3700x paired with a custom 5700 XT if the reviews are gonna be good later this month. Reading reviews and benchmarks about the 3700x, everyone seems to be happy with the performance and it seems to be future proof for a good 2-3 years which is a bonus for me. I'm still not set on the 5700 XT, was playing around with pcpartpicker and I could maybe fit in a 2080 but yea not sure which versions. I've been trying to look for gaming benchmarks on youtube and while there are a ton of videos of that they provide with different results, some have better fps than others so I will definitely need help with choosing parts as I'm kinda new to the whole hardware scene (haven't been caring too much about it these past few years).

I missed a lot of great single player games in the past 5 years or so and I will definitely want to enjoy those kinda games again that's why I'm planning to build a new PC, also the latest multiplayer games I had to skip cause I was unable to run them properly (BF1, BF5, CoD).

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

If you are able to get an 2080 then get it. If you are more on a budget then get the radeon rx 5700 xt, however wait till the Custom cards come out. The thermals on the cards are not that good.

On 8/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, _Syn_ said:

Give us a website you'll buy from so we can pick parts, seems like the pricing is very different

@_Syn_ Well the best way you could help me is to go on arukereso.hu and look up parts there, the total price of everything should be around ~500000 HUF which is my budget currently.

1 hour ago, Buksi said:

@_Syn_ Well the best way you could help me is to go on arukereso.hu and look up parts there, the total price of everything should be around ~500000 HUF which is my budget currently.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16
Corsair CX650M
WD Blue 500GB SSD
Palit RTX 2080 Super
Fractal Design Focus G

Here's the part list, you can pick a different case if you want, total is 504,948‬ according to the price placed on the top, but I see some stores that offer them for much cheaper, but I have no clue which you can easily buy from

On 8/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, Buksi said:

Use the PC until you can afford a 1440p monitor, you'll probably regret skimping on parts

21 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

-snip-

Oh my... Did you really do that for me? I can't thank you enough! Will look up those parts! Thank you so much! There is a huge deal here at one shop, only 3 cards left with that price so I gotta act somewhat fast but I also don't want to make decisions without having thought about them enough as this is a lot of money for me: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC ULTRA GAMING for only $585 which is a good $180-200 cheaper than at any other shop which is really strange. Is there something wrong with that card or maybe just the ones from that shop? Would it be better than the 5700xt or the 2080 you recommended?

2 minutes ago, Buksi said:

Oh my... Did you really do that for me? I can't thank you enough! Will look up those parts! Thank you so much! There is a huge deal here at one shop, only 3 cards left with that price so I gotta act somewhat fast but I also don't want to make decisions without having thought about them enough as this is a lot of money for me: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC ULTRA GAMING for only $585 which is a good $180-200 cheaper than at any other shop which is really strange. Is there something wrong with that card or maybe just the ones from that shop? Would it be better than the 5700xt or the 2080 you recommended?

the 5700XT is faster than a 2070, and it's cheaper in your country as well, so not really worth it in my opinion, though the 2070 Super is faster than a 5700XT but not by much, and the 2080 Super is faster than all of the card mentioned above, about 15-20% faster than a 2070 Super

Just now, _Syn_ said:

the 5700XT is faster than a 2070, and it's cheaper in your country as well, so not really worth it in my opinion, though the 2070 Super is faster than a 5700XT but not by much, and the 2080 Super is faster than all of the card mentioned above, about 15-20% faster than a 2070 Super

5700XT has the best price/performance, but you gotta pay a premium the higher tier you go, it's difficult to compare

5 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

5700XT has the best price/performance, but you gotta pay a premium the higher tier you go, it's difficult to compare

I get it, the parts you linked me is exactly at the edge of my budget which is fine. What do you think a PC like you linked can achieve in terms of performance in fullHD and 1440p gaming? Is it future proof for at least 2-3 years you think? Streaming would be fine as well?

edit: I'm still really new to the hardware scene, and frankly... I don't get all these different brand name video cards at all. Why are there a bunch of different let's say 2080super cards, some cost more than others as well. Like the Palit you linked for the 2080super is the cheapest one of those I think, but is it bad cause of that? Where can one see the real differences in performance with all those cards? How can one choose correctly? Damn... I have a lot to learn!

33 minutes ago, Buksi said:

I get it, the parts you linked me is exactly at the edge of my budget which is fine. What do you think a PC like you linked can achieve in terms of performance in fullHD and 1440p gaming? Is it future proof for at least 2-3 years you think? Streaming would be fine as well?

2080 Super handles 1440p 144hz really well and it will surely last you 2-3 years comfortably, and if you don't want to pay that much for a card that's fine as well, you can go with the 5700XT as long as you don't mind adjusting your graphics settings instead of going all Ultra for everything which doesn't provide much graphical improvements, though for multiplayer games like COD and Battlefield, the 5700XT will perform great on 1440p

Here's an example:

You'll be much closer to 144hz on High rather than Ultra, and COD Black Ops 4 is much easier to run

This is as heavy as it gets for multiplayer games, and for AAA Singleplayer games like Metro Exodus and Shadow of The Tomb Raider for example you'd be looking at around 70-80 FPS on Ultra (1440p), do you honestly need high frame rates for games like Metro or Shadow Of The Tomb Raider though? It's up to you to decide

Also in some scenarios the 5700XT does pull way ahead and gets really close to the 2080 Super, that's the case for Battlefield V (and other games), the 5700XT is faster than the standard 2080 in that game, but don't expect those scenarios to be common today, they might be a few years down the line, I have no clue or any guarantee for that

27 minutes ago, Buksi said:

Streaming would be fine as well?

the 3700X will stream easily, no doubts about that

1 hour ago, _Syn_ said:

-snip-

Yea I'm pretty much set on the 3700x to be honest, been only reading good things about that card. I'm set on the RAM speed as well, 3200MHz CL16 with one of the better brands will be choosen, keep in mind RAM prices went up by a lot in Hungary for some weird reason, I could have afforded 3600MHz one like 2 months ago in this budget but now it's not possible unless I wanna go over what I have and wait longer than ~mid september. PSU I think is easy to choose, I want Gold, fully modular and however much power it needs to have for the full build which is easy to calculate even on sites like pcpartpicker I heard. GPU and motherboard is where I'm really not sure yet. Been reading a lot about MB lately to learn more and basically I'm down to 3 different ones to choose from: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE or ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS or Gigabyte X570 Gaming X. There is also the option of MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX but if I wanted to upgrade the PC in lets say 2 years I'd be better off with a more capable motherboard, don't you think? Or in 2 years time I'd have better and cheaper options for those GPUs? Damn it's so hard to decide. Also I don't think I need extra features on motherboards such as WiFi and whatever else it can have. And as for GPU, I was recommended the 2080super by you (the Palit one which I still have no idea why that's the cheapest one and how different or better are the other brands of those 2080super cards), then I had the 5700xt in mind (one of the custom cards that will come out in the coming weeks) but then also looked at some of the RTX cards. One thing you mentioned are very clever and haven't really put too much thought into: is the fact that for single player games I do want to max the graphics but to be very honest nobody really needs more than 60 fps for those, am I right? And the pc I'm gonna be buying will be capable of doing that in 1440p as well for at least 2 years right? And for a while I'm gonna be on just a fullHD monitor so it's gonna be even better! I did play a lot of CoD and BF but the new ones I had to skip cause I couldn't play them at all on this current PC i'm on. And now that I'm thinking about it I don't really want to play multiplayer (especially FPS) games where I like to try hard a bit and get good scores and such with all graphical settings maxed out. And if I were to put all settings to like high or medium and disable the unnecessary ones I'd be around 144fps for the 144hz monitor right?

So yea, lots to think about but i'm still a month away from buying the parts but I wanted to get familiar with all the potential parts I'm gonna be buying so that I can watch prices and maybe catch a good deal. I appreciate your help, man! Thank you!

24 minutes ago, Buksi said:

Yea I'm pretty much set on the 3700x to be honest, been only reading good things about that card.

You mean CPU?

25 minutes ago, Buksi said:

PSU I think is easy to choose, I want Gold, fully modular and however much power it needs to have for the full build which is easy to calculate even on sites like pcpartpicker I heard.

For the system I recommended, it's never going to exceed 500W, I just chose 650W for upgradability later on, if for example you wanna get a 16 Core CPU

28 minutes ago, Buksi said:

Been reading a lot about MB lately to learn more and basically I'm down to 3 different ones to choose from: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE or ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS or Gigabyte X570 Gaming X.

You get zero performance benefits by going with the more expensive Motherboards, but it's up to you if there's certain features you want on the other boards

39 minutes ago, Buksi said:

There is also the option of MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX but if I wanted to upgrade the PC in lets say 2 years I'd be better off with a more capable motherboard, don't you think?

Yes, I would personally go with the X570 for upgradability, and for PCIe 4 which might come handy years later

41 minutes ago, Buksi said:

Or in 2 years time I'd have better and cheaper options for those GPUs?

There will definitely be better GPU's, possibly even next year, because to my prediction (no rumors or anything confirmed) I think NVIDIA will release 7nm GPU's next year considering that AMD is back and they're hitting them hard with the 5700XT, and also because Intel will also be releasing GPU's next year, there's no way that NVIDIA will sit around doing nothing, but it's possible that they don't have anything to release, so who knows?

Also there's the rumored 5800XT and 5900XT, which would compete with the 2080 Super and 2080 Ti I would assume, but there's zero confirmation on that, and it might not even be this year

And as for GPU, I was recommended the 2080super by you (the Palit one which I still have no idea why that's the cheapest one and how different or better are the other brands of those 2080super cards)

I only recommended the 2080 Super because your budget was so high, personally I don't think it's good value, but if you want more performance there's no other way currently, and there's nothing wrong with the Palit card, it has a great cooler and great PCB, it's actually one of the most expensive 2080 Super cards, but in your country it's the cheapest.. go figure..

1 hour ago, Buksi said:

is the fact that for single player games I do want to max the graphics but to be very honest nobody really needs more than 60 fps for those, am I right? And the pc I'm gonna be buying will be capable of doing that in 1440p as well for at least 2 years right?

That's correct, but also if you're only gonna get a 1440p 60hz monitor, then any FPS you achieve above that will be useless because the monitor can only display 60FPS

1 hour ago, Buksi said:

And if I were to put all settings to like high or medium and disable the unnecessary ones I'd be around 144fps for the 144hz monitor right?

yes, and for 1080p it's even much easier to achieve that

14 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

-snip-

Yes I meant CPU, sorry. Sometimes I get confused or side tracked for a second as I created a doc file with all the potential parts and I write down the price of all of them daily just to see in what way they're changing.

I agree with the PSU, get a better one now and I won't have to upgrade it when I decide to get a new CPU or GPU.

The MB you recommended is the Gigabyte X570 Gaming X, the 2 other X570 ones I mentioned are like ~$35 more expensive. I will have to look into what they have to offer and what features they have that I need or not need. I mentioned those two X570 cards because earlier today I watched a vid about MBs and in the end they recommended those. 

At 20:07 he recommends those 2 cards if you wanna watch the vid, maybe you have already seen it. I didn't understand much about what he said throughout the vid but according to the graphs those 2 came out the best for their price I guess. (the cooler the better (?))

I'll get a 144hz 1ms fullHD monitor next month as well, i have never seen a 144hz monitor in use, not even 75hz, so I heard once you see the smoothness of 144hz you can't really go back which I'm not planning to! :) The budget for this full HD monitor is around ~$210 but again prices are different here. I was recommended this site and on the recommended tab I found the AOC C24G1 which fits my budget perfectly and sounds nice with the 144hz 1ms and freesynch. But to be honest I haven't looked much into monitors lately, will definitely ask around for more advice regarding this. What I want is 144hz 1ms and freesynch or gsynch capability. Other than that I've heard some things about ghosting and other problems, obviously I want one without any of those issues.

What I will end up doing is wait for all the custom 5700XT cards and see which one works the best and will probably end up with that for the next 1-2 years, shouldn't be a bad choice especially for fullHD gaming for a while. But still as I said I got a month left so who knows what's gonna happen.

Again I can only thank you so much for your info and help! Thank you!

18 hours ago, Buksi said:

At 20:07 he recommends those 2 cards if you wanna watch the vid, maybe you have already seen it. I didn't understand much about what he said throughout the vid but according to the graphs those 2 came out the best for their price I guess. (the cooler the better (?)) 

I wanted to recommend the X570 TUF at first, but I thought it's better to spend money on other parts because both of those motherboards are great

18 hours ago, Buksi said:

What I will end up doing is wait for all the custom 5700XT cards and see which one works the best and will probably end up with that for the next 1-2 years, shouldn't be a bad choice especially for fullHD gaming for a while. But still as I said I got a month left so who knows what's gonna happen. 

Get a custom 5700XT card that is priced at MSRP, any more than that is a waste of money honestly

19 hours ago, Buksi said:

Again I can only thank you so much for your info and help! Thank you!

You're welcome :)