I have a high cpu usage after updating to an ssd

pequla

After months of troubleshooting couldnt find the reason for 90% cpu usage on a HP 255 G3 laptop (AMD E1 6010 + 4gb 1333 ram)

So i saw windows 7 would come to an end and as well a good deal for an intel 545s 128gb ssd (brand new for 17EUR) I realised i need to go and insatll win10

Since my laptop required a total disasembely to swap the hdd with an ssd i wanted to try first win10 on that toshiba 500gb hdd

I updated the latest bios and installed the win 10, it ran "usable" *(comapred to my pc's i5 6500 and 16gb of ram it was shit) with normal \ low cpu usage but hdd was on 100%

than i got a set of small torex screwdrivers and started the update process, took me 1h to complete

I started the instalation and as soon as the copying files to disk apperad i saw something was not all right it was slower than on hdd, i taught maybe its my crappy old usb 3.0 drive

Than the first startup, oh boi it took full 3 minutes until Please wait, dont turn of youre computer, we are setting things up screen apperad

than the final reboot, and it took 67sec to reboot, that was crap, i tried my older windows 10 usb installed same things happening.

can anyone tell me is it 100% the ssd bc i will need 1h to remove it and i wonna make sure that it is the problem

And yeah no AHCI settings in bios i could find, maybe i should look a little better...

I will now try to install ubuntu 19.04 desktop and see how it holds up there, if it works good imma ditch windows since i only used this laptop to manage my ubuntu servers and for web browsing

Thank you ahead !!!

PS: sorry for typos my keyboard is real bad (amazon basics lol)

EDIT: All i want is to confirm that it is 100% the bad ssd, bc i do not wonna go again trough the stress of opening the laptop and unscrewing 40 screws, lots of riben cables, i need to remove the keybaord etc....

Bios is updated bc the old one was not uefi so it couldnt pick up windows 10 usb installer in boot menue (laptop is from 2011)

Sorry, I dont fully understand the thread but from what I get, after upgrading your HDD to an SSD, your SSD light is on all the time. Try downgrading the BIOS to the one released a few months earlier. 

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

2 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Sorry, I dont fully understand the thread but from what I get, after upgrading your HDD to an SSD, your SSD light is on all the time. Try downgrading the BIOS to the one released a few months earlier. 

You dont get me there is no light i look in task manager and ssd sits at low usage but cpu is like 100% all the time with fresh install of windows, only program that is installed is google chrome

Also old bios doesn't wonna boot into windows 10, that's why i upgraded it at the first place

Before i take out the ssd and rma it i need to make sure its 100% the ssd bc disasembely of my laptop is streessful, lots of riben cables, detaching the screen, lots of uncomfortable stuff going on inside

To confirm your SSD is dead, create a bootable win10 USB using rufus. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube. Then boot in using the USB and map your SSD. If you get random errors or it is not able to map at all, your SSD is dead or your motherboard may not be compatible, but this is very unlikely. In the unlikely event of your motherboard not being compatible, downgrade your SSD to the lowest possible firmware, or easier, just purchase a compatible one

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A