Maya vs C4D vs Max for Concept Design

I'm there's some 3D gurus on here somewhere!

I'm working on a personal project which has predominantly been developed in my sketchbook and Photoshop. I'm transitioning into 3D software to try and realize my vision more accurately and with greater flexibility when it comes to design iterations. I'm using a bunch of different programs (Marvelous Designer for clothing, Daz3d for characters and so on).

I have dabbled in 3DMax a few years ago but I've heard Maya/C4D are most common for designers these days.

I'm looking to focus in on one 3D program for modelling and renders so I'm not overwhelming myself as I'm learning Daz and M.D as well. In the future I can expand to incorporate whatever I need but for now I'd like to know which is the most well rounded and approachable for what I'm trying to get done. 

Primarily I'm looking to achieve a still presentation of my character/prop/environment designs. A good visual reference for you might be Clement's work, this type of presentation is what I'm aiming for. 

Still Example: https://www.clementbalavoine.com/Neuro-1
Animated Example: 

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB

47 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

Maya if you intend to do more rigged/skeletal animation (more industry use the last i checked)

otherwise 3Dmax should do fine. if you ever need to transition between programs, break into a list of editing actions and find out the equivalent action in the new program to understand how the polygon editing workflow works in the new one

consider the third party plugins out there for both maya and 3Dmax that help in things like cloth surface generation tools (to quickly make clothing) and hair tools (e.g. shave and a haircut). even some modelling steps, especially with sculpting and UV-based stuff, are done with plugins and external programs. (heck, even Daz 3D has a maya exporter, so...)

don't find the need to get all the plugins immediately though, because you have to figure out which part of the process needs help with one, rather than acquiring solutions to a problem you don't understand yet

Maya user here on a maybe basic level here, so if anyone else has their take on this, do chime in 

also try https://forums.cgsociety.org/ as well

Awesome, thanks for the info. Will have a look into your suggestions.

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB