CPU cooling enquiry

Temlaa

My Ryzen 3600x cpu temperature is running with a stock cooler and at idle it ranges from 45 C to 60 C, and when running games it ranges around 70 C to 80 C.

Is it recommended to change my cpu cooler? and if so what would you guys recommend that would fit in my rig with this specs:

Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro Wifi

G.Skill Sniper X 3600 Mhz (Slot 2 and 4)

Cooler Master MB511 RGB Casing

MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio (Top Pcie slot)

the idle temperatures are abit high

the load ones are not that terrible

how many fans dis you put on the case? in the front specifically

if you dont like the heat, or the noise from the stock cooler then i would change it, yes

Firstly, try undervolting a bit and setting the fan profile to high performance. The Wraith coolers are generally as good or better than cheap Cooper's so no sense on wasting 30$ for the same results.

As for how your current results are, warm but fine. Anything under 85c is perfectly okay. 

Thanks for the reply,

51 minutes ago, goto10 said:

how many fans dis you put on the case? in the front specifically

I didnt change the stock fans that came with it, so i think its 3 120mm cooler master rgb fans
For the back i have a single Fractal 140 fan and for the top i have two 140 Fractal fans

53 minutes ago, goto10 said:

if you dont like the heat, or the noise from the stock cooler then i would change it, yes

I really hate the sound of the fan as it revs up and down rapidly haha, if i were to get lets say NH D15 would my casing fit it?

44 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Firstly, try undervolting a bit and setting the fan profile to high performance. The Wraith coolers are generally as good or better than cheap Cooper's so no sense on wasting 30$ for the same results.

Sorry i dont really know how to do that haha, but its currently running at approx. 1.4V according to CPU-Z

1 hour ago, Temlaa said:

Thanks for the reply,

I didnt change the stock fans that came with it, so i think its 3 120mm cooler master rgb fans
For the back i have a single Fractal 140 fan and for the top i have two 140 Fractal fans

I really hate the sound of the fan as it revs up and down rapidly haha, if i were to get lets say NH D15 would my casing fit it?

Sorry i dont really know how to do that haha, but its currently running at approx. 1.4V according to CPU-Z

Go into the bios and change the fan profile and apply a negative voltage offset. Plenty of guides online.

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Go into the bios and change the fan profile and apply a negative voltage offset. Plenty of guides online.

Would this affect performance in anyway? 

2 hours ago, Temlaa said:

Would this affect performance in anyway? 

No

3 hours ago, Temlaa said:

If fans are revving, it probably means the fan curve is too aggressive. Have you tried playing with the fan curves?

The NH-D15 would fit.

16 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No

Lowering core voltage can lower performance without obvious signs of instability. It's important to test for performance afterwards since it doesn't take much of a voltage drop to lower performance. 

OptimumTech and GamersNexus had posted some videos showing how it's easy to overlook this performance drop when just looking at clock speeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wM3obN2pAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JscRwIH3OAY

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If fans are revving, it probably means the fan curve is too aggressive. Have you tried playing with the fan curves?

The NH-D15 would fit.

Lowering core voltage can lower performance without obvious signs of instability. It's important to test for performance afterwards since it doesn't take much of a voltage drop to lower performance. 

OptimumTech and GamersNexus had posted some videos showing how it's easy to overlook this performance drop when just looking at clock speeds.

if you have the noise, perhaps not just adjust fan curve, but change to a bigger better heatsink with a 120mm fan that can move more air but spin slower

Thank you guys for all the help!

I think i will get a NH-D15 since it will fit and have been thinking of getting it for awhile.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

9 hours ago, goto10 said:

if you have the noise, perhaps not just adjust fan curve, but change to a bigger better heatsink with a 120mm fan that can move more air but spin slower

May i ask where does one go to play with the fan curves?

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

After viewing the videos, i notice they mention bios updating.

Should i update my bios to the latest version? since i did not touch it since i bought it. Current version is "F2 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 "

1 minute ago, Temlaa said:

Thank you guys for all the help!

I think i will get a NH-D15 since it will fit and have been thinking of getting it for awhile.

May i ask where does one go to play with the fan curves?

Should i update my bios to the latest version? since i did not touch it since i bought it. Current version is "F2 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 "

the fan curve for the cpu fan is located inside the bios

4 minutes ago, goto10 said:

the fan curve for the cpu fan is located inside the bios

Alright! Thank you, i will try to adjust it!

12 hours ago, Temlaa said:

Where are you shopping / located? There are often plenty of cheaper alternatives if you want to save some money. 

If you don't mind spending more though, the NH-D15 is hard to go wrong with.

They're all AGESA 1.0.0.3 but there are letters at the end indicating 3 different versions. https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

The rule of thumb is not to update the bios if everything is working fine. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I am shopping at Newegg, and shipped to Singapore.

I have a few problems where my mouse sometimes the cursor pointer has a bug and changes to some weird green pixel in a T shape.

And my gaming some times flicker/stutter randomly every 5-10 mins.