Need help setting up cudaminer

Go to solution Solved by scaryjam823,

So i just tried mine-litecoin.com and apparently that works so it might be something wrong with wemineltc Lol

I honestly don't know lol. But hey at least it's working with something! :)

So i downloaded cudaminer and set up my litecoin wallet and everything and i created my .bat file but as soon as i run it, it immediately closes, Any help 

This happened to me. 

Here's what I changed my thing bat to. 

cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://us.wemineltc.com -O xrex64.1:x --no-autotune

--no-autotune seemed to fix it for me. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

This happened to me. 

Here's what I changed my thing bat to. 

cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://us.wemineltc.com -O xrex64.1:x --no-autotune

--no-autotune seemed to fix it for me. 

OK that worked but now i am getting an error saying stratum authentication failed, does that just mean the server is down and i should try another one?

OK that worked but now i am getting an error saying stratum authentication failed, does that just mean the server is down and i should try another one?

Don't copy that exactly. Replace it with your credentials and website. Don't enter the stratum+tcp either. Should have mentioned that, sorry. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Don't copy that exactly. Replace it with your credentials and website. Don't enter the stratum+tcp either. Should have mentioned that, sorry. 

Yea i know that i just added the --no-autotune to the end

Yea i know that i just added the --no-autotune to the end

You have to download the stratum proxy. Run it first then the bat. I found it in a youtube video, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Here is the youtube video,

Here is where I got the stratum proxy.

Just run the proxy then the .bat and everything should start running.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

You have to download the stratum proxy. Run it first then the bat. I found it in a youtube video, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Here is the youtube video,

Here is where I got the stratum proxy.

Just run the proxy then the .bat and everything should start running.

Ok thanks for the help and also thanks @xrex64

No problem :) Cuda miner drove me crazy at first, was having the same problems. After about 2 hours I finally found that video and another that solved everything. 

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

No problem :) Cuda miner drove me crazy at first, was having the same problems. After about 2 hours I finally found that video and another that solved everything. 

Ok now i have a problem with the proxy i just get unhandled error any ideas?

Ok now i have a problem with the proxy i just get unhandled error any ideas?

When you run cudaminer with stratum proxy does it work? My stratum proxy shows errors too, but cuda miner still runs and I still get credited for my work. 

When you run cudaminer with stratum proxy does it work? My stratum proxy shows errors too, but cuda miner still runs and I still get credited for my work. 

so i made the custom .bat file for the proxy set it to the server but i still get the stratum authentication error on cuda miner but if i run the default stratum_proxy application and set cudaminer to the default server it works but the default server is a no longer running server so i just get an error anyway.

Sorry if that was confusing

so i made the custom .bat file for the proxy set it to the server but i still get the stratum authentication error on cuda miner but if i run the default stratum_proxy application and set cudaminer to the default server it works but the default server is a no longer running server so i just get an error anyway.

Sorry if that was confusing

Don't set the proxy up in the bat. Just run the proxy.exe as is. Edit your bat file back to how it was BEFORE you got the proxy, to whatever pool miner you're using with your worker settings. Then run the proxy, a command prompt will open. After that does, run cuda miner. It should say detected new block or configuring difficulty or both then once it has all that sorted cuda miner will start using your gpu to mine.

Here is how my .bat is setup, without the quotes 

"cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3335 -O workername:workerpass

pause"

Substitute the worker name and pass for your worker, and the url for the pool you're using.

Don't set the proxy up in the bat. Just run the proxy.exe as is. Edit your bat file back to how it was BEFORE you got the proxy, to whatever pool miner you're using with your worker settings. Then run the proxy, a command prompt will open. After that does, run cuda miner. It should say detected new block or configuring difficulty or both then once it has all that sorted cuda miner will start using your gpu to mine.

Ok so i am using wemineltc.com, so i just run the proxy.exe and what should i have in my cudaminer.bat because this is what i have in it:

cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://freedom.wemineltc.com:3334 -O sasquatch43.1:x1 --no-autotune 

Ok so i am using wemineltc.com, so i just run the proxy.exe and what should i have in my cudaminer.bat because this is what i have in it:

cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://freedom.wemineltc.com:3334 -O sasquatch43.1:x1 --no-autotune 

I edited my post showing what I have in my .bat

pause"

I edited my post showing what I have in my .bat

pause"

I have that exact thing but i still get stratum authentication failed

Edit: So on the comand prompt that pops up when i run the stratum proxy i see the server which is eu.wemineltc.com:3333 and when i put that in my bat file it works but then it says no connection to the server

I have that exact thing but i still get stratum authentication failed

Edit: So on the comand prompt that pops up when i run the stratum proxy i see the server which is eu.wemineltc.com:3333 and when i put that in my bat file it works but then it says no connection to the server

World-Wide Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://freedom.wemineltc.com:3334
World-Wide Port 80 Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://freedom.wemineltc.com:80
USA Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3335
USA Port 80 Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:80
NEW Asia (Hong Kong) Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://hk2.wemineltc.com:3336
NEW Asia (Hong Kong) Port 80 Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://hk2.wemineltc.com:80

You have to use one of those servers in your .bat for cuda miner.

Copy what I have as my .bat, go to your workers page on wemineltc.com. Copy the worker name where I typed workername. Then type the password you put for your worker in the worker pass on the .bat file. Save the .bat,  run stratum proxy then run cudaminer.bat and it should work and start detecting difficultly and a new block.

• World-Wide Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://freedom.wemineltc.com:3334
  • World-Wide Port 80 Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://freedom.wemineltc.com:80
  • USA Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3335
  • USA Port 80 Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:80
  • NEW Asia (Hong Kong) Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://hk2.wemineltc.com:3336
  • NEW Asia (Hong Kong) Port 80 Server (VARDIFF): stratum+tcp://hk2.wemineltc.com:80
  •  
  • You have to use one of those servers in your .bat for cuda miner.

I have been in my .bat, that is when i get the stratum authentication failed error, in the stratum_proxy.exe command prompt it says trying to connect to stratum pool at eu.wemineltc.com:3333 so when the above servers get me stratum authentication failed when i put in the server that is in the stratum_proxy.exe{eu.wemineltc.com:3333} it works but then it says that there is no connection to the server

I have been in my .bat, that is when i get the stratum authentication failed error, in the stratum_proxy.exe command prompt it says trying to connect to stratum pool at euwemineltc.com:3333 so when the above servers get me stratum authentication failed when i put in the server that is in the stratum_proxy.exe{euwemineltc.com:3333} it works but then it says that there is no connection to the server

Yes thats fine, just leave the stratum server open regardless of what it says. When you have it open and run cuda miner with a similar bat as mine (different workername and pass) it should work. Just ignore any errors stratum proxy gives. Mine is showing constant time out too, thats just normal from what I can tell. But I'm mining as I'm typing this.

If you run cuda miner with the proxy running even with the errors it gives then something isn't right in your .bat file. Did you put the proxy in the same location as cuda miner? 

Yes thats fine, just leave the stratum server open regardless of what it says. When you have it open and run cuda miner with a similar bat as mine (different workername and pass) it should work. Just ignore any errors stratum proxy gives. Mine is showing constant time out too, thats just normal from what I can tell. But I'm mining as I'm typing this.

I am not talking about in stratum_proxy, in my cudaminer bat i get the stratum authentication error if i use any other server besides{euwemineltc.com:3333} but when i change the server in the cudaminer.bat to the eu.wemineltc.com:3333 server i stop getting the stratum authentication error and i just get failed connection to the server

If you're running stratum proxy the same time as cuda miner then something isn't setup quite right in your .bat if it can't find the server or Maybe your firewall is blocking cudaminer? That's the only thing I can think of. Can you post what your putting in your .bat when it gives the stratum error? It doesn't matter if your workername or pass is there, that isn't the password to your account and if anyone using your info they're just mining coins for you so there's no harm in it. If you put exactly what you have in your .bat here I can try and run it from my computer and see if mine will connect to your miner, if it does then there's something on your computer stopping it.

I am not talking about in stratum_proxy, in my cudaminer bat i get the stratum authentication error if i use any other server besides{euwemineltc.com:3333} but when i change the server in the cudaminer.bat to the eu.wemineltc.com:3333 server i stop getting the stratum authentication error and i just get failed connection to the server

If you're running stratum proxy the same time as cuda miner then something isn't setup quite right in your .bat if it can't find the server or Maybe your firewall is blocking cudaminer? That's the only thing I can think of. Can you post what your putting in your .bat when it gives the stratum error? It doesn't matter if your workername or pass is there, that isn't the password to your account and if anyone using your info they're just mining coins for you so there's no harm in it.

This is exactly what is in my Cudaminer.bat:

"cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3335 -O sasquatch43.1:x1" (without the quotations)

This is exactly what is in my Cudaminer.bat:

"cudaminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://usa.wemineltc.com:3335 -O sasquatch43.1:x1" (without the quotations)

sasquatch43.1 is your worker name and x1 is your password?

Yes

It's not working for me either, try using a different password for your worker or create another worker and put that into the .bat. Your .bat is setup right so I believe the problem lies with your worker, the website or the worker password.