iPaid too much for iPad Pro

Sousuke

iPaid too much for an iPad Pro

I bought a 12.9inch iPad Pro 256GB, 4G, & Apple Pencil and I regretted it after only a few weeks.

So let's make a start, I've always liked iPads and Apple products in general. I know not really a popular opinion on this site but oh well that's just what I like.

With iPad OS coming out shortly I decided to buy one and put iPad OS Beta on it so I knew if I would be able to get on with it and use it as my primary mobile computing platform as at the time I owned an ageing but great Lenovo Thinkpad T440. 

So the iPad Pro arrived and at first I was astonished just how light a 12.9inch device was and how thin it was, of course after watching JerryRigEverything's video in which he practically snaps the iPad in half I got a case as well.

The iPad Pro was the best iPad I had ever used, fast, great experience for a Tablet. The Apple Pencil for me was a "Killer" part of the product and in my opinion would make or break my experience with he iPad Pro and it did not fail to impress me. The only thing is that with my use case which mainly includes web surfing, office work, watching stuff on YouTube etc the Apple Pencil didn't really come into its own. The only time the Apple Pencil was really useful to me is when I am signing documents.

So the iPad Pro is amazing, brilliant and I can see the potential of it being a laptop replacement however not at the moment. I found myself grabbing my Thinkpad T440 more than the iPad and after a few a month and a half of it I had enough. It just wasn't pulling it weight for the £1300 I had spent in total on the iPad Pro and accessories when my Thinkpad was more useful and that was a machine I had refurbished for less than £100 (Bought spares and repairs, spent £30 on the laptop and £70 on repairs and upgrades).

So the other day I bit the bullet and sold the iPad Pro & Accessories for £1100 and replaced it with a 2018 MacBook Air which so far I am more than impressed with but that's a story for another time. I may get another iPad at some point however it will be one of the budget ones with the original Apple Pencil. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I still rock a WIFI only iPad 3 which I got at launch! does the job of a tablet well enough for me right now. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

53 minutes ago, Sousuke said:

iPaid too much for an iPad Pro

Lmao, nice title!

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones