FidelityFX vs DLSS tested in F1 2019 (Return of the Vaseline Smear)

MeatFeastMan

Just thought I'd bring people's attention to this. Both FidelityFX and DLSS were put into F1 2019 recently. And Overclock3d tested them both. And oh boy...DLSS is AWFUL. More vaseline has been smeared on yet another screen. Meanwhile FidelityFX is delivering and it's definitely noticeable.

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/f1_2019_-_nvidia_dlss_vs_amd_fidelityfx/2

And the best thing about AMD's tech is that it'll work on any GPU including GCN stuff. And unlike DLSS it isn't being forced down their throats.

Nvidia, step it up. DLSS SUCKS HARD!

This link for those who can't be bothered to look all the way through the article:

https://cdn.knightlab.com/libs/juxtapose/latest/embed/index.html?uid=f03f9bc2-b855-11e9-b9b8-0edaf8f81e27

"it just works" but they pulled DLSS support from the game with another patch because it wasn't ready yet.

So clearly it didn't "just work", it was clearly broken.

Basically, it just works, if you put a lot of time and effort in it...

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1-2019-patch-notes/

At the bottom you have a little UPDATE part talking about an "item", that's DLSS.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I love how DLSS even destroys the colors, lmao. 

Thanks Nvidia! 

Screenshot_20190807-114925.jpg

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

I love how DLSS even destroys the colors, lmao. 

Thanks Nvidia! 

Yeah I saw that and wondered what's going on there.

The fence was particularly awful.  Well, tbh a lot of those shots look terrible even when run natively, but DLSS definitely makes them worse.  Honestly looks like it was run at 1/4 res (720p instead of 1440p) and then upscaled with the kind of oil painting filter you usually see on old SNES/GBA/DS emulators.  Enough to remove the hard edges but still very obviously low detail and aliased.  That's already bad enough but when you pay for it in performance on top of that, really just a complete failure of a feature.  Perhaps they'll get it working one day but I've yet to see it and I'm really doubtful at this point. 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Codemaster definitely did something wrong. 

/s

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

12 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

"it just works" but they pulled DLSS support from the game with another patch because it wasn't ready yet.

So clearly it didn't "just work", it was clearly broken.

Basically, it just works, if you put a lot of time and effort in it...

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1-2019-patch-notes/

At the bottom you have a little UPDATE part talking about an "item", that's DLSS.

No wonder they pulled it. That has got to be worst DLSS implementation of all the titles so far.

They may as well just throw this feature in the bin if this is all they can come up with. It's getting comical at this point.