Upgrading existing build

I've recently been upgrading my main system. Everything has been replaced except for the CPU, mobo, and RAM. I'm not 100% sure if I'm making the best choice but I've decided to go with a Ryzen 5 3600X, 16gb of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ram (3600mhz c18), and an Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero x470 board. I'm looking for some input on this because I can't find solid answers anywhere. I don't play very intense games and I don't do heavy work either, but that is partially because I'm limited by my current system. Thanks for any input.

Limited in what way? If you don't do much gaming or a lot of work, why are you getting such an expensive motherboard?

Personally I'd get a cheaper motherboard and an AMD 3600. No need to spend money on things that don't really add a ton of performance, especially if it'll mean nothing in terms of actual usage for you. You can drop the money saved into more storage, better storage, or simply save it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

honstly, i agree with @dizmo, you can save a bunch of cash on the motheboard and can do 50 buks better on the 3600, minus the X, tho it seems money isn't the issue to you so id go c16 on the ram instead, but you are really fine with what u got there

I'm limited because I have terrible parts now. I would do more intense things but I cannot given my current specs. I'd get C16 ram but it doesn't come in 3600 mhz and I want to go with the vengeance rgb pro.

Personally, I would go for the stock 3600 (not the 3600x) because it seems that the cooler really is the biggest difference. Take the $50 savings and spend it on a nicer cooler, so your PC will be more quiet. Or just save the $50 for now and put it towards a game, since it still comes with a cooler and it isn't that bad.

Any particular reason you chose that motherboard over others?

hi

pipes
Undervolting 5700 (not mine but important)

X570 is really expensive and this board is top of the line X470 which is ideal. If you have any other suggestions though I'd gladly take a look.