need mouse, a few requirements

jeremymwilson

Hi,

I have a Logitech G900 that I really like but unfortunately I've been told (by my wife who I have to listen to), that the clicks are too loud.

So, anyone have a recommendation for a mouse that has a high build quality, is wireless, has at least a page back button for webpages and which is quieter than the G900?

I'm not a pro gamer so don't need a really high sensitivity or lots of programmable buttons and lighting is nice but not essential.

Cheers.

Love not hate

19 minutes ago, jeremymwilson said:

Hi,

I have a Logitech G900 that I really like but unfortunately I've been told (by my wife who I have to listen to), that the clicks are too loud.

So, anyone have a recommendation for a mouse that has a high build quality, is wireless, has at least a page back button for webpages and which is quieter than the G900?

I'm not a pro gamer so don't need a really high sensitivity or lots of programmable buttons and lighting is nice but not essential.

Cheers.

Perhaps one of Lenovo's ThinkLife or ThinkPlus mice?

I found some on AliExpress for comfortable (not crazy cheap) prices (~15-18$ per mouse).

28 minutes ago, jeremymwilson said:

Hi,

Cheers.

This is a first for me.. Mouse button makes to much noise LOL.  Aliexpress is a joke.  Just go to your local Fry's or Best Buy's and have your wife see which she likes better.  By not testing I cant refer you to which mouse to get so the click is less noisey.  I think your wife is being super sensitive on this subject.  But ya you have a killer mouse and now were downgrading you wtf ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

2 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

This is a first for me.. Mouse button makes to much noise LOL.  Aliexpress is a joke.  Just go to your local Fry's or Best Buy's and have your wife see which she likes better.  By not testing I cant refer you to which mouse to get so the click is less noisey.  I think your wife is being super sensitive on this subject.  But ya you have a killer mouse and now were downgrading you wtf ?

you're right, I'll keep the mouse and get rid of the wife

Love not hate

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I agree with the mouse noise being too much is rather out outlandish.

But AliExpress is no joke.

@jeremymwilson, don't get rid of your wife, just tell her that pretty much all mice are like that.

3 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

I agree with the mouse noise being too much is rather out outlandish.

But AliExpress is no joke.

@jeremymwilson, don't get rid of your wife, just tell her that pretty much all mice are like that.

I said it wrong they are not going to sell quality goods,, its all things from China hehe.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

51 minutes ago, jeremymwilson said:

Hi,

Cheers.

This one is super silent, great build quality also : https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-M330-Silent-Wireless-Mouse/dp/B01JPOLKDW?tag=quiet-res-20  but no side buttons,my friend has it, I heard good things about this one : https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-VEGCOO-C8-Rechargeable-Colorful/dp/B07149XZN2   it's silent, but ugly as fuck IMO, no idea about quality overall. Oh and there is this one also, decent quality as far as I know : https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Wireless-Silent-Breathing-Backlit/dp/B075M3YY18/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CR1GM3KK4B9475D5MJQT

Edited by noxdeouroboros
something needed editing

32 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I said it wrong they are not going to sell quality goods,, its all things from China hehe.

Actually, AliExpress is more of a marketplace, so you cannot say anything about the product quality, since it depends on the sellers.

I buy Intel products (yes, official, and brand new) on AliExpress (I just bought Intel's new AX200 M.2 card from Fenvi, an official reseller, on AliExpress), and they are the precisely the same as if you had bought them in the US, even from Intel themselves.

In this case, I had mentioned Lenovo's products, since these were mice that are meant to professional work (I agree, calling specific mice "professional" is odd, but these are just higher quality than the ordinary mice you'll find at your local hardware store).

Logitech M590 MULTI-DEVICE SILENT. It has cool features

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

2 minutes ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

I'm loving my Corsair Harpoon.

I recommend this. :)

It's not silent at all.

14 minutes ago, theonlyratatoskr said:

'Loudness' is very subjective.

Yeah, I have the mouse it sounds the same as my steelseries one. Nothing silent about it.