temps

truckerlenny
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
9 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

ive heard that as well and i know that it likes to use much more than it needs when set to auto. this is where my amateur part comes in. i have no clue how to change it without probably royally screwing something lol. it ranged from 0.708 v to 1.412 v is it ok to leave it like that or is it a possibility to have issues with longevity in the future. 

Should be fine. Gaming and productivity work doesn't need as much power as stress testing does. If you can find some overclocking guide for your mobo (or similar) they might explain how to use adaptive voltage in that. I've learned from that kind of video.

so i have a 9700k a asus tuf z390 gaming plus wifi board, 2x8gb corsair lpx 3200mhz ram with a d15s cpu cooler with 2 fans, i have a cooler master haf xb with all fan spots filled. i am wondering idle temps for cpu is sitting around 34c on the package overall somewhere between 30 and 35 for all cores. motherboard temps idle sit somewhere around 23-34 depending on the spot on the board, intake temp is about 25 exhaust temp is 25.6 c are these temps reasonable

i also have a asus dual rtx2060 o6g which is about 33c at idle. nothing has been overclocked as per say, ram is xmp ii set to 3200, cpu is set to sync all cores to 5000mhz and gpu is the stock clock that came with it.

Do you have a question? These seem like sick temps.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

30 minutes ago, AndrewB121 said:

Do you have a question? These seem like sick temps.

"are these temps reasonable"

14 hours ago, truckerlenny said:

"are these temps reasonable"

Idle temps really don't mean anything. Run some stress testing and we will see if everything is good. You have good setup, so only thing messing would be CPU using more voltage than needed. Which is normal with Intel.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Idle temps really don't mean anything. Run some stress testing and we will see if everything is good. You have good setup, so only thing messing would be CPU using more voltage than needed. Which is normal with Intel.

what is some good cpu stress testing

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

So i have been running prime95 for abit now. Apx 20 mins. Ive had to reset and change some things. All i changed was set jt to xmp ii and sync all cores and the ratio is set to auto. Temps under load usually are around 65-75 c every now and then it will peak in the 90s and a couple cores at 100 then drop back down. Has not froze or given and errors

Ok so ive done the prime95 i think things are good. Set sync all cores and xmp II everything else is as it was cpu ratio is set to auto.  Temps hover around 60-75 c and once in abit peak in the high 90s. No error codes or freezing. 

Id like to test gpu as well for problems and stability. Any suggestions on programs 

Pc specs should be on my profile

2 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

I like to use RealBench since it goes for CPU, GPU, and Memory so is an excellent system stability test (I've had systems that were fine in P95 but not in realbench). If you just want to max out your GPU and thermal test, then something like FurMark is also very taxing.

1 hour ago, truckerlenny said:

what is some good cpu stress testing

Personally I use OCCT. Aida64 is also popular. Be sure to monitor your core voltage as well as temps. Its common for Intel CPUs to go over 1.3V unless you manually limit it. You shouldn't need more than 1.2V for running any CPU at stock clocks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Personally I use OCCT. Aida64 is also popular. Be sure to monitor your core voltage as well as temps. Its common for Intel CPUs to go over 1.3V unless you manually limit it. You shouldn't need more than 1.2V for running any CPU at stock clocks.

ive heard that as well and i know that it likes to use much more than it needs when set to auto. this is where my amateur part comes in. i have no clue how to change it without probably royally screwing something lol. it ranged from 0.708 v to 1.412 v is it ok to leave it like that or is it a possibility to have issues with longevity in the future. 

9 minutes ago, truckerlenny said:

Should be fine. Gaming and productivity work doesn't need as much power as stress testing does. If you can find some overclocking guide for your mobo (or similar) they might explain how to use adaptive voltage in that. I've learned from that kind of video.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv