EVGA G3 750 Molex to Psu cable pins connections

Avie

Hello,

I'm doing cable sleeving on the PSU mentioned (EVGA G3 750) and forgot to make a note before unpluging the pins on the molex connector. Can't find a diagram to tell me how to replug so fishing for owners or people that could help.

I repluged everything following this logic:

There are some numbers on the PSU end 1 2 3 4 5 6 and on the molex end 1 2 3 4 see pictures.

Psu to molex

5-1 ( looking at the molex connector you can see on top of 1 "5 0" )

2-2

3-3

4-4

If someone knows the connection logic or maybe has the specific cable and some time to spare it would be greatly apreciated.

Have a nice day

psu side.jpg

psu front.jpg

molex.jpg

First photo looks like the plug has a clip, so whatever way it plugs and clicks should be correct 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

First photo looks like the plug has a clip, so whatever way it plugs and clicks should be correct 

Huuuuuuum that's not at all what I'm asking.

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

here you go

this is of the g2, but the g3 has the same pinout afaik

Any chance you would have the Molex diagram ?

4 Pin Peripheral Power Cable Connector

T2zfVcXfhcXXXXXXXX_%21%21246986068__3797T2a_FXXl0bXXXXXXXX_%21%21246986068__2400

The four pin peripheral power cable dates back to the original PC. It was used for floppy drives and hard disks. It's still around and is now also used for all kinds of things including add-on fans, extra video card power, supplemental motherboard power, and case lighting. It's as old as the hills but is still very widely used. The connector is shaped so that it only fits in one way. You don't have to worry about inserting it the wrong way. People often use the term "4 pin Molex power cable" or "4 pin Molex" to refer to a four pin peripheral power cable. It's not a technically useful term because the 4 pin 12 volt cable is also a 4 pin Molex cable (Molex makes lots of connectors) but "4 pin Molex" is commonly used to refer to peripheral cables anyway.

Pinout
Pin number Wire color Description
1 yellow +12 volts
2 black ground
3 black ground
4 red +5 volts

I found this SOURCE online, it seems I might have to put:

5-1

4- 2 or 3

3-4

2- 2or 3

... Can I test this or is it too risky ? I'd rather not fry my psu.

2 minutes ago, Avie said:

Can I test this or is it too risky ?

if you do it incorrectly, you could potentally fry what you connect to it... so be aware of that

I fairly happy with red and yellows, my last question is : Ground is ground, would it matter if I reversed them ? (I mean the two Ground cable)

Solved, thanks Luke my poney lover.

solution.jpg