D9VK might make direct3d 9 games perform better

9 hours ago, ryao said:

Adding features won't make a difference in performance if the code being executed remains the same. Support for additional features tends to not affect code execution unless the code being executed needs substantial changes to support additional features when the additional features are used.

Well I couldn't run the FFXIV 2.0 demo, for whatever reason, but the 1.0 demo ran, and the difference between the two is that I know for fact 1.0 did a lot of stuff on the CPU that would be better off done on the GPU. 

Finding out what games actually work on the wrapper to begin with and do comparisons is probably what the developer should be asking. Just like WINE, "Works, works with glitches, can be finished, broken"

9 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I understand none of this.

There is a giant cheese burger in the space ship where you start the game. You can jump on it and your character will bounce up and down.

2 hours ago, Kisai said:

Well I couldn't run the FFXIV 2.0 demo, for whatever reason, but the 1.0 demo ran, and the difference between the two is that I know for fact 1.0 did a lot of stuff on the CPU that would be better off done on the GPU. 

Finding out what games actually work on the wrapper to begin with and do comparisons is probably what the developer should be asking. Just like WINE, "Works, works with glitches, can be finished, broken"

There were some optimistic users who thought that it was nearly perfect, but after hearing what people said here and in other places since then, it is fairly clear to me that is not the case. People are reporting to the developer what doesn't work so that he fixes it:

https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk/issues

There have been over 100 commits in the master branch since the last release. It should just keep getting better. Hopefully, it will have nearly full compatibility with all D3D9 games by Christmas. :)

9 hours ago, ryao said:

There is a giant cheese burger in the space ship where you start the game. You can jump on it and your character will bounce up and down.

... Okay. Read that back from the perspective of "I don't know what any of this means." ?

#Muricaparrotgang

On 8/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, JZStudios said:

... Okay. Read that back from the perspective of "I don't know what any of this means." ?

There has been a new release:

https://github.com/Joshua-Ashton/d9vk/releases/tag/0.20

It increases performance in some games and fixes compatibility with a large number of games. There is a partial list of fixed games and still broken games here: