2070 Super, dipping to 30-40 fps in BFV

RickyUK19

Hiya,

As the title says I'm having trouble with my build not performing as it should be and would love some help!

Recently upgraded to a 2070 super from 1070, I'm a competitive player and like to keep all my games as close to 144hz as poss. (Play at 1080p)

Main components are as:-

(Nothing overclocked atm)

2070 super 

I7 6700

16gb ram

600w power supply

That processor shouldn't be throttling the graphics card that much should it? Am i right in saying i should be seeing 120/140fps on most titles at 1080p? Or am I stoopid?

I've been testing the new graphics card with everything at ultra and just surprised I'm still feeling frame drops with the card.

In Apex I tend to get between 60-144 depending whats going on (high/ultra)

BF1 it will sit around 50-110

BF5 is horrendous, I'll max out at 110ish, and in the middle of the action I'm seeing 30-40fps! 

I did a clean install using nvidia experience installing my 2070, should I go back and use a program to remove all traces of the old drivers?  Or is using clean install via geforce experience sufficient like I assumed it would be nowadays?

Or is it just BF5? Or the fact its installed on my HDD not my SSD's? Could be on its way out I guess? 

Thanks for any help :)

Did you disable DXR? Because ray tracing has is barely playable. It might as well be a gimmick because it throttles the card so hard.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Yeah sorry forgot to mention, DXR is 100 percent disabled