Thoughts on the Corsair 1000D Super Tower

Veer_213

I'm thinking of building a PC with a Ryzen 2700x (might change) with a 1070 or 1080. I wanted a case with lots of room for fans and such and saw the Corsair 1000D. Is there any downsides or anything bad in general with this case? Or if it is even the right case for my use? Please help. 

There is such a thing as too much room. You'll find your build awfully lonely on the inside. The 2700X + 1080 simply doesn't require the amount of fans you could put in that thing. You'd spend so much on fans that you might as well buy more expensive parts lol. 

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

You'd spend so much on fans that you might as well buy more expensive parts lol. 

That case is also obscenely expensive at $500 US, lol.

Intel i7-9700k | Noctua NH-U12A | MSI MEG Z390 ACE | 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming | Corsair RM750x | Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB M.2 / 860 Evo 1TB / 2x Intel 730 480 GB | Phanteks P600S | ASUS ROG Swift 278Q

1 minute ago, Shark With A Laser said:

That case is also obscenely expensive at $500 US, lol.

That too. Though I assumed he already saw the price tag.

I had a full-tower Corsair 760t for my first case and it felt very empty even with my long windforce card. Unless you're looking to run a 360mm rad or something I'd just stick with a midtower.

Plus full tower cases and up take up wayyy more room than necessary for a regular build.

~Air Cooling Advocate~