Smart Fan 5 Bios Settings Question

JB780
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

You can choose the temp sensor for each fan header. 

Does anyone use Smart Fan 5 in the bios of the Aorus Z390 mobo? I have 3 exhaust fans that I'm trying to optimise.

I have a Corsair H110 pro as my intake/cpu cooler which is connected to the CPU header.

I currently have 3 case fans (3 pin fans) connected to system fan headers on my mobo, but they are always running at under 600 RPM regardless of the CPU temp during load. Maybe this makes sense though as they are sensing the temp in the case (which is under 40C) and not the cpu which would explain why they are running so low.

In the Smart Fan 5 monitor drop down do you set each fan individually that is listed there or are you changing which sensor is being used to control all fans for the whole system?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Thanks, so I should probably not set the exhaust fan sensors to the CPU temp sensor?

2 hours ago, JB780 said:

Thanks, so I should probably not set the exhaust fan sensors to the CPU temp sensor?

You could. I would at least set any fans near the cpu cooler to follow cpu temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.