What are your thoughts on CoD MW so far?

Shreyas1

I personally think it's looking pretty good so far, gameplay looks nice and there seems to be some good game modes ( I am pretty interested in the 100 player one ). Also it seems to have crossplay between pc and console, though that may suck for console gamers if they can't turn it off. 

As someone who has never really played CoD games before, I think this may be a good starting point. Although  monetization hasn't been revealed yet, I feel like that could kill all interest in the game really quickly.

Also, no preorders 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

My thoughts? Never going to be as good as MW1 or 2. They've milked the modern warfare franchise so much that I feel like they come out with the same game, every year... Haven't they also added loot boxes too? Players used to be able to unlock everything through leveling up and completing challenges. No thanks.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

It does look very interesting on the outside. I will have to wait and see what post launch business model they will go with. They seem to have some crazy deep weapon customization in store. I hope they won't put most of it in lootboxes.

As for the new engine, it does look beautiful for a CoD game. Its still lacking behind other industry leaders, but it still is a gigantic improvement from BO4.  

As a hardcore Battlefield player, those 20v20 and 100+ player modes really tickle my pickle here. With BF5 being throw into shit's creek without a paddle, I might jump ship. Last CoD game I ever played was MW2, and what a game that was. If MW2019 can offer interesting gameplay, deep customization and tolerable monetization, it will attract many BF players.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

6 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

As a hardcore Battlefield player, those 20v20 and 100+ player modes really tickle my pickle here. With BF5 being throw into shit's creek without a paddle, I might jump ship. Last CoD game I ever played was MW2, and what a game that was. If MW2019 can offer interesting gameplay, deep customization and tolerable monetization, it will attract many BF players.

Yeah I feel that half the hype for this game comes from battlefield players after BF5 lol. Also for customization the gunsmith mode looks really cool

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

To be honest I am not convinced. I dont know it certainly feels a bit different but overall is obviously just more of the COD that we know. Im mostly interested in the campaign, the Story and stuff looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Interested in campaign only. If they can pull off what was accomplished by the early titles, I'll say it was a success. It would be even better to see them make a narrative as successful as that of Black Ops 2 (parallel storytelling, alternate endings, lots of choices), but I think BO2 will remain an outlier, with MW1/WaW being the apex of COD narrative.

With that said, I'm not sure if they will. It is not an easy task, especially with the COD franchise being as it is at present. WWII tried to, but didn't really get there because they couldn't decide if they wanted to be a classic COD or a modern COD. Black Ops 4 quit trying after the disaster that was Black Ops 3. I haven't played Infinite Warfare, so I'm not sure how well Infinity Ward has been doing... but the fact that they opted for a reboot of the Modern Warfare series instead of a new series does not offer much hope.

Although, having thoroughly enjoyed all Call of Duty titles up to, and including, Black Ops 2 (minus MW3) and not being a hater of WWII, I must say I would be very pleasantly surprised if Infinity Ward actually succeeds. It would be nice to see an old franchise rise back to its former glory.

5 hours ago, Fakmykak said:

My thoughts? Never going to be as good as MW1 or 2. 

My understanding is that this one isn't going to be just another yearly iteration like everything that has come out since those 2, but we shall see. From what I've seen & heard of the game so far I'm not writing it off just yet although there is still something about COD's guns and the way they look and sound compared to Battlefield that makes them seem unrealistic in comparison but maybe that's just me.