Putting Console Video Input Through PC?

This is going to be a slightly strange question, but is there any way to put console video input through my pc. Ideally I want to have a windows application to view said video through. I believe the Elgato HD60 Pro is able to do this, but I've never seen anyone talk about latency or anything.

CPU Intel Core i7-9700K MOBO ROG STRIX Z390-E RAM  G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition CASE  NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case STORAGE  Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 and Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

Basically any of the capture cards are an option. However, are you trying to output from your console to your PC, then view that input on a PC monitor from within windows? If so, that is definitely less than ideal.  That card and many others use a pass-through so that you can output from the console to the capture card, then output from the capture card to a TV or monitor without much if any added latency. For windows to take the input from the capture card and display it in real-time, even at 1080p 60hz, is going to add notable latency. I don't know that I've seen it actually measured, but it is tangible.

2 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

Basically any of the capture cards are an option. However, are you trying to output from your console to your PC, then view that input on a PC monitor from within windows? If so, that is definitely less than ideal.  That card and many others use a pass-through so that you can output from the console to the capture card, then output from the capture card to a TV or monitor without much if any added latency. For windows to take the input from the capture card and display it in real-time, even at 1080p 60hz, is going to add notable latency. I don't know that I've seen it actually measured, but it is tangible.

Yeah, I'm looking to view the "stream" of video in the application. I know elgato brags about their Instant Game View within their software. I just don't know how "instant" instant is.

CPU Intel Core i7-9700K MOBO ROG STRIX Z390-E RAM  G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition CASE  NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case STORAGE  Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 and Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM PSU Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX OS Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

I have a razer ripsaw capture card, i use it to view consoles from windows and honestly i don't perceive much or any latency and been running this setup for years. i would think the elgato would be better since its running PCIE instead of USB 3 

4 minutes ago, TheGreatSora said:

I have a razer ripsaw capture card, i use it to view consoles from windows and honestly i don't perceive much or any latency and been running this setup for years. i would think the elgato would be better since its running PCIE instead of USB 3 

Good to know, I may just pull the trigger and go for it.

I don't have an Elgato HD60 Pro to use but I do use a capture card for a decent amount of PS2 and Xbox 360 games. The latency was hardly enough for me to care.

What program do you plan on using to view what input your capture card is getting?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

8 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I don't have an Elgato HD60 Pro to use but I do use a capture card for a decent amount of PS2 and Xbox 360 games. The latency was hardly enough for me to care.

What program do you plan on using to view what input your capture card is getting?

I was just going to use Elgato's software.