Modmic for HD380 Pro

Marx

Hello everyone,

I found some brand new HD380 Pro at 125$, plus I have a 50$ gift-card at the store that sells them, so an awesome pair of headphones for only 75$ ^^ The only problem with headphones is that they lack the mic (duh) and I kinda need one from time to time.

I was looking at modmics, and found this : http://www.amazon.ca/Zalman-ZM-MIC1-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391090340&sr=1-1&keywords=modmic

Is that the best I can get? The price doesn't bother me, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if there would be a noticeable quality increase, but I wouldn't mind paying less either :D

I'm in Canada obviously. ;)

So, do you recommand that mic or something else?

Thanks!

Oh the irony.

That clip on mic is like $9, and the Blue Snowflake is just as good as that mic for VOIP and costs around $35.

Edit - CA prices are ridiculous. Look elsewhere besides amazon, and look for the blue snowflake.

Thank you, but I only need to use the mic a few times a week, I'm not an hardcore online gamer or anything like that. I don't need the best sound quailty, just something that's not full of parasite and that gets the job done ^^

I agree that price/quality wise, the Zalman is not that good of a deal but if it gets the job done, it's still better than paying more for something that I won't use to its full extent, don't you think?

Oh the irony.

That clip on mic is like $9, and the Blue Snowflake is just as good as that mic for VOIP and costs around $35.

Well in Canada the clip on is 27$+ http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=zalman%20zm-mic1&sprefix=Zalman+%2Celectronics%2C133&rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Ck%3Azalman%20zm-mic1

Thank you, but I only need to use the mic a few times a week, I'm not an hardcore online gamer or anything like that. I don't need the best sound quailty, just something that's not full of parasite and that gets the job done ^^

I agree that price/quality wise, the Zalman is not that good of a deal but if it gets the job done, it's still better than paying more for something that I won't use to its full extent, don't you think?

It will probably last you longer. If you are okay with spending that much for the Zalman go for it. I'd still go for the Snowball because people around will be thankful about the quality.

Quote me to get a reply!

I need a mic for my DT770s as well and I personally am going to wait until the new antlion modmic is out. What you are reffering to are microphones not modmics.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I actually thought of getting this, but I was wondering One thing :

I use a mechanical keyboard (Razer Blackwidow Ultimate - Blue Switches to be more precise) won't it pick up every single sound it makes, or is there and option so it somehow cancels it out, or do you know an option for a mic that doesn't ''absorb'' keyboard noise ? 

I actually thought of getting this, but I was wondering One thing :

I use a mechanical keyboard (Razer Blackwidow Ultimate - Blue Switches to be more precise) won't it pick up every single sound it makes, or is there and option so it somehow cancels it out, or do you know an option for a mic that doesn't ''absorb'' keyboard noise ?

there are software options but I advise against a snowball. Go for a Snowflake which is cheaper and better suited for VoIP. It will also take up less space and sit farther away from your keyboard.

there are software options but I advise against a snowball. Go for a Snowflake which is cheaper and better suited for VoIP. It will also take up less space and sit farther away from your keyboard.

I see. 

is there a specific reason you go against it ? Just because of the need I have for it, and I use a mechanical keyboard so it will just be easier and cheaper to use a Snowflake ?

Personally I had hoped it would be possible, as I actually like the Snowball Mic, It looks pretty Gorgeous, but if people will be hearing my keyboard everytime I do something, I don't think it'd be worth it. 

Then again, My table is going ''Out'' of the wall, and the window is right at it, I could just place it in the window, that was it's about the same position as my current headset Mic (Siberia V2 Diablo III edition)

Please give me a more in depth of the reason behind you go against it :)

Wait for the new modmic which will have passive noise cancellation built in.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I see. 

is there a specific reason you go against it ? Just because of the need I have for it, and I use a mechanical keyboard so it will just be easier and cheaper to use a Snowflake ?

Personally I had hoped it would be possible, as I actually like the Snowball Mic, It looks pretty Gorgeous, but if people will be hearing my keyboard everytime I do something, I don't think it'd be worth it. 

Then again, My table is going ''Out'' of the wall, and the window is right at it, I could just place it in the window, that was it's about the same position as my current headset Mic (Siberia V2 Diablo III edition)

Please give me a more in depth of the reason behind you go against it :)

(Was on mobile, longer accurate answers are hard)

The reason behind being against the Snowball is that VoIPs WILL NOT make use of it. Its like buying a limo as your daily commuter. So why spend more, for something that will not do you any better then a cheaper product? 

Antlion ModMic's are really good.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well in Canada the clip on is 27$+ http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=zalman%20zm-mic1&sprefix=Zalman+%2Celectronics%2C133&rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Ck%3Azalman%20zm-mic1

It will probably last you longer. If you are okay with spending that much for the Zalman go for it. I'd still go for the Snowball because people around will be thankful about the quality.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=007166 Amazon is not always the cheapest in Canada

My rig: i7 930 oc to 3.4 ghz, GA-X58A-UD3R, 6GB of ocz ram, antec nine hundred two, seasonic g 650, gigabyte 7970 OC, 120 GB Samsung 840, 1TB Seagate barracuda. Cm storm trigger mx browns and a steelseries sensei raw.