Your help would be sincerely appreciated

Hi,

I follow on YouTube, mostly just for fun and knowledge, but I am in NO way tech savvy. Plus I am an older fart.

I have a daughter who is 20 years old. She is a special needs kid and functions at a much lower age level. But she loves her iphone and ipad.

Now she would like to get a computer to play the games like the ones on her ipad. Batman Arkham, Spiderman, Minecraft, Star Wars, etc.

I budget is very tight.

Could anyone pleaser recommend what I should get to put together a pc for her, or even better just recommend a manufactured PC that would be sufficient for gameplay.

Note that I am not expecting huge FPS performance, just something that will let her play.

PS- We are in Canada

Thanks

8 minutes ago, nekkocooper said:

What the budget?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Hello!

If there is no "budged amount" I will just try to go with "very tight".

CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g (it comes with an integrated gpu so it will save you a couple of dollars)

GPU: Not need it

Motherboard: Any B450 MAX (the "MAX" ones will work with 3xxx series without the need of flashing the bios)

RAM: 2x8gb 2933Mhz - 3000MHz (any one similar will be allright, the cheapest you can find)

PSU: Any 450W 80+ bronze

HDD/SDD: 1x1TB 7200RPM HDD Western Digital/Seagate

Hope it helps, buddy.

Good luck.

If you don’t want to build i would reccomend one of dell’s gaming pc’s with a dedicated gpu. They always have sales and discounts, but you can get a little better quality if you’re willing/have the time to do it your self. I hope your daughter enjoys what ever you end up getting for her :).

P.S. Since you’re on a tight budget xbox game pass for the pc is a great affordable way to get access to a lot of games on the computer.

I don't know anything about those games and how much they take to run them, but if they are running on an ipad I can't imagine too much. I honestly would consider looking at used. If you are not looking the newest and greatest tech it is a good way to go sometimes. You can find some pretty good deals sometimes. If you are not sure about a listing ask someone here to look it over and see if its worth the money before you buy it.

If you don't mind me asking, where in Canads, do you live anywhere near detriot MI?