Is this normal?

Specs:

Case: NZXT h500i

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

Mobo: ROG STRIX X470-F

Cooling: cooler master MasterLiquid ML240R

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9LrekBVGJhZD9Enr6

Hey everyone,

Me and a friend just installed my new AiO liquid cooling (my first ever) and I have some concerns..

We all know the Ryzen 7 3000x runs HOT, I'm getting idle temps between 38-42c, but it fluctuates ALOT... I decided to run a prime 95 test with the Smallest FFTs, and immediately shoots up to 88c then goes up to 91-92c. and stays there, I notice the fans run really fast, and but the radiator seems cool to the touch. When I feel the pumps, they are vibrating which indicates that water is flowing through them, but I'm wondering why my temps are shooting so high when I run Prime95 (is that normal?) and also why the radiator is not heating up.. I also notice a noise when the fans start to speed up, I don't know if this noise is the fan inside the radiator (if there is one? I'm not all too familiar with water cooling) but I posted a video, any help would be appreciated it.

0ot9xb5knjd31.png

i have an i7-7700k (which runs notoriously hot), with an nzxt Kraken x61 AIO. My idle temps are roughly 45C (i keep it clocked at 4GHz, and it clocks higher when needed). Under intense load, it doesnt get above 62C. 

The issue youre having seems abnormal, i would think the pump isnt circulating liquid well enough. It is possible that the pump is air-locked (an issue when a pump of any kind has air in it and it cannot get it out to pull in fluid), though i dont think an AIO from factory has any air in it. 

If i were you, id contact coolermaster customer support and consult with them, it is likely you have a defective unit. I recommend NZXT's Kraken series, i personally havent had a single problem with my AIO from them. 

42 minutes ago, KeithGS said:

Specs:

Case: NZXT h500i

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

Mobo: ROG STRIX X470-F

Cooling: cooler master MasterLiquid ML240R

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9LrekBVGJhZD9Enr6

Hey everyone,

Me and a friend just installed my new AiO liquid cooling (my first ever) and I have some concerns..

We all know the Ryzen 7 3000x runs HOT, I'm getting idle temps between 38-42c, but it fluctuates ALOT... I decided to run a prime 95 test with the Smallest FFTs, and immediately shoots up to 88c then goes up to 91-92c. and stays there, I notice the fans run really fast, and but the radiator seems cool to the touch. When I feel the pumps, they are vibrating which indicates that water is flowing through them, but I'm wondering why my temps are shooting so high when I run Prime95 (is that normal?) and also why the radiator is not heating up.. I also notice a noise when the fans start to speed up, I don't know if this noise is the fan inside the radiator (if there is one? I'm not all too familiar with water cooling) but I posted a video, any help would be appreciated it.

0ot9xb5knjd31.png

inside the radiator there is no fan, all the fans you have is the ones you install in front or behind the radiator that cool down radiator surface so the hot water flowing inside move the heat to the air flowing and the hot air is pushed out of the case

a radiator just makes the heat transfer more fast, is not like it makes the heat disapear

the idle temps are abit high, are you sure the pump is doing proper contact with the cpu?

those values are basically values of water not flowing to radiator, does the pump and the tubes gets hot?

52 minutes ago, goto10 said:

inside the radiator there is no fan, all the fans you have is the ones you install in front or behind the radiator that cool down radiator surface so the hot water flowing inside move the heat to the air flowing and the hot air is pushed out of the case

a radiator just makes the heat transfer more fast, is not like it makes the heat disapear

the idle temps are abit high, are you sure the pump is doing proper contact with the cpu?

those values are basically values of water not flowing to radiator, does the pump and the tubes gets hot?

The pump and tubes don't seem hot at all.. After reseating the base, and changing some ports, I'm still getting rediculous temps, I think I'm DoA.. I'm switching it out for a Kraken x62... :/ 

Ok so there isn't any fans inside the radiator to answer your question. If you have not mounted your own fan to the radiator that is most likely your problem. Though don't quote me I don't run a water cooled system, but I have done my research on this stuff. (I just don't have the funds to put one together).

What is your ambient temperature? Your idle temp is normal, at full load, 87C is good, 90C+ is too high. I have a similar issue with my 3900x hitting over 94C, then switching to a better thermal paste pretty much solves it.

You may want to update to the latest driver too as it improves the fluctuating problem