enough watts for my build?

ultra99

I'm considering this 550w psu: Seasonic Focus Plus 550 Platinum SSR-550PX 550W 80+ Platinum ATX12V & EPS12V Full Modular 120mm FDB Fan 10 Year Warranty Compact 140 mm Size Power Supply https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B074N8YBK9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_X-eqDbJG960G3

Will it be enough for ryzen 2700x/3950x CPU, 32gb 3200 ram, Vega 64 nitro+, nvme, ssd, hdd?

with the vega? total power consumption would be around 450 to 500 watts

under the limits of the psu

but i would go for a 750 watts psu, is better for temperature and noise coming form psu under load

do you have the vega already or planning to buy one?, if you plan to buy it, i would just wait for custom rx5700 at the end of august

it's enough, but get a corsair RMx or bitfenix whisper instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

it's enough, but get a corsair RMx or bitfenix whisper instead.

Oh, Corsair is better on quality? I got a rm750w gold. Thought platinum would be better.

2 minutes ago, ultra99 said:

Oh, Corsair is better on quality? I got a rm750w gold. Thought platinum would be better.

80+ efficiency is just for power efficiency, and every brand makes good products and crap. the focus plus doesn't play nice with some GPUs and has some issues with protections IIRC. also, 750w isn't needed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

9 minutes ago, ultra99 said:

No the Corsair is not better quality but some prefer the RMx to the Focus Plus. Some do not like Focus Plus because Seasonic has set the over power protection limits higher than normal.

80 Plus ratings certify electrical efficiency. It is not an indication of quality. While higher levels do require better spec'd components, these components are not necessarily better quality than used in other lower level models.

5 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

the focus plus doesn't play nice with some GPUs

That issue was resolved some time ago. In my mind the fact that early models were not tolerant of out of spec gpu should not be a knock against the psu.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

no, 750 watts are not needed, but a 600 watts is almost as close as the one on the original question, also usually a 750 watt psu is better quality than lower models, so it is recommended for multiple reasons, not just the total power consumption 

37 minutes ago, brob said:

No the Corsair is not better quality but some prefer the RMx to the Focus Plus. Some do not like Focus Plus because Seasonic has set the over power protection limits higher than normal..

I mean, one could argue that the RMx has better build quality than the focus+ because the RMx was designed to handle loads somewhat higher than its rated wattage (for example transient peaks on v64), while focus+ was designed only to be within atx spec close to its rated wattage (thats why OPP was originaly so low)...

1 hour ago, brob said:

That issue was resolved some time ago. In my mind the fact that early models were not tolerant of out of spec gpu should not be a knock against the psu.

which actually caused another issue...

1 hour ago, goto10 said:

no, 750 watts are not needed, but a 600 watts is almost as close as the one on the original question, also usually a 750 watt psu is better quality than lower models, so it is recommended for multiple reasons, not just the total power consumption 

since when? same platform=same platform