first quad+ socket motherboard?

tl;dr: i'd like to know what the first (or an early example of) 4+ socket motherboard was for a vintage build i have in mind. see pic below for an ALR example that i'd love to use but cant find. though if there's an older socket option available that'd be preferable. the older it is or the more sockets it has = better/more fun.

you may need to dig deep in the memory banks to help me out with this one: i've been on the hunt for a motherboard or system with a motherboard in it with 4+ cpu sockets for quite some time now. about the oldest one i can find is an alr model with 4 socket8 pentium pros. i would love to build or find a system with a board like this just for the experience of doing so. plus i could probably try to load a semi modern os to it and see how it compares to newer chips. 

ALR made a server with 6 pentium pros with the aid of addon cards to hold the processors. using this method and a lot larger chassis i've read that some companies were able to squeeze 6, 8, even 12 pentium pro processors and with the pricetags to match. at that point the system would've been about as large as an old mainframe. while interesting, i have little hope of ever finding anything like that still intact. but an old quad socket pentium or pentium pro board seems more doable. does anyone know models of boards that match what i've been looking for?

motherboard in pic is an ALR Quad Pro and its a freaking BEAST

alr.jpg

alr.jpg

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

• 10 months later...

If you are still intersted, I can help you out.  I own a few of these machines, buth quads and 6x6.

I did a video or two about everthing I got last year: