WiFi Card Occasionally Stop Receiving Data

TGCP

The WiFi Card I'm using is Gigabyte gc-wb867d-i.

I recently threw together a new PC and I've been having troubles with my WiFi card. Usually it works fine, however every 1-8 hours or so the WiFi card will stop receiving data from my router and the yellow "no data" icon next to the WiFi signal will show up. Disconnecting and reconnecting to my WiFi, disabling and re-enabling my WiFi card, and restarting my computer temperately fixes this problem. This problem doesn't happen with any other device in my household so it's probably not an issue with my router.

Some solutions I've already tried is swapping the WiFi card to another PCI port, swapping the WiFi reception dongle for another one, and re-installing the WiFi card's drivers.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 64 bit

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI B450-A Pro (BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A.70 2019-03-06)

AMD RX Vega 56

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 2x8GB

Corsair TXM 550W 80+ Gold

Gigabyte gc-wb867d-i

If I left out any key information or if you need any other information please feel free to let me know.

28 minutes ago, TGCP said:

The WiFi Card I'm using is Gigabyte gc-wb867d-i.

I recently threw together a new PC and I've been having troubles with my WiFi card. Usually it works fine, however every 1-8 hours or so the WiFi card will stop receiving data from my router and the yellow "no data" icon next to the WiFi signal will show up. Disconnecting and reconnecting to my WiFi, disabling and re-enabling my WiFi card, and restarting my computer temperately fixes this problem. This problem doesn't happen with any other device in my household so it's probably not an issue with my router.

Some solutions I've already tried is swapping the WiFi card to another PCI port, swapping the WiFi reception dongle for another one, and re-installing the WiFi card's drivers.

PC Specs:

Windows 10 64 bit

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI B450-A Pro (BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A.70 2019-03-06)

AMD RX Vega 56

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 2x8GB

Corsair TXM 550W 80+ Gold

Gigabyte gc-wb867d-i

If I left out any key information or if you need any other information please feel free to let me know.

Most likely the drivers. I had this issue with an asus card and ditched the damn thing and went with a long ass cable.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I actually own a Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I so I might be able to help you.

As far as I'm aware, Gigabyte GC-WB cards are able to connect to 2 dual-band Wi-Fi, so you might be messing up some settings when you swapped PCIe slots, I once did that and it messed up my settings.

Have you tried setting the connection type to 802.11ac 2.4GHz only? It could be your range that might be disconnecting you.

For reference, my Gigabyte Wi-Fi card is set to 802.11ac 5GHz as I live in a small house and can sustain the high bandwidth.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

7 hours ago, seoz said:

I actually own a Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I so I might be able to help you.

As far as I'm aware, Gigabyte GC-WB cards are able to connect to 2 dual-band Wi-Fi, so you might be messing up some settings when you swapped PCIe slots, I once did that and it messed up my settings.

Have you tried setting the connection type to 802.11ac 2.4GHz only? It could be your range that might be disconnecting you.

For reference, my Gigabyte Wi-Fi card is set to 802.11ac 5GHz as I live in a small house and can sustain the high bandwidth.

So far I haven't noticed any changes after swapping the WiFi card to another PCI slot so hopefully I didn't mess anything up.

I haven't had problems with 5GHz connections before but I'll switch to 2.4GHz and see if that helps.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Update: Changing to 2.4GHz didn't seem to help. Same problem persists.