Acer Aspire S7-392 with Windows 7.....?

coltonpan

I'm looking to buy that laptop but was wondering if that's possible? Would I lose some function? I've heard that there is a function key or something like that and that would only work on windows 8 maybe? I know there is no drivers for windows 7 on Acer's website but I can find drivers one by one on the part manufacturer's website and I've done that with several other laptops a couple months ago.

I just totally hate Windows 8... Installing something like Startisback isn't sufficient for me to not hate windows 8. lol

I really don't see the point in putting in Windows 7 on the Apsire S7, I have it and been using for a good 5 months now and I sometimes forget that it's Windows 8. Why? Because most of the time It's not even powered completely off, just in sleep mode and when I do need to restart it because of an update or something I have it set up so that when it boots up it goes straight to the normal desktop instead of the metro/modern or what ever it's called now.

@coltonpan

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I have used Windows 8 before. I just couldn't stand it haha. Just wanted to know if there was some function that is only available on Windows 8 and would probably lose it if I switch back to windows 7

I have used Windows 8 before. I just couldn't stand it haha. Just wanted to know if there was some function that is only available on Windows 8 and would probably lose it if I switch back to windows 7

I'm just saying that there's no point in putting Windows 7, but how long did you actually use it for? The only thing that I don't like about it is the metro UI and that can be solved easily.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

I'm just saying that there's no point in putting Windows 7, but how long did you actually use it for? The only thing that I don't like about it is the metro UI and that can be solved easily.

I used it for around 2 days and I gave up. I hate it when I close apps, I needed to do like a swipe down motion from the top. It's just kind of stupid to me when you can just simply click X on the corner. and the picture gallery thing is so hard to navigate and use. I feel like windows 8 was intended to be a tablet and phone OS rather than a laptop or PC OS.

I used it for around 2 days and I gave up. I hate it when I close apps, I needed to do like a swipe down motion from the top. It's just kind of stupid to me when you can just simply click X on the corner. and the picture gallery thing is so hard to navigate and use. I feel like windows 8 was intended to be a tablet and phone OS rather than a laptop or PC OS.

I avoid the apps as much as I can, which is like 99% of the time. I rarely ever use the apps that you download from the microsoft store. Also think there's a way to use the windows photo viewer instead of using that other app.

I avoid the apps as much as I can, which is like 99% of the time. I rarely ever use the apps that you download from the microsoft store. Also think there's a way to use the windows photo viewer instead of using that other app.

I guess I'll give it another try when I received the laptop and see if I wanted to downgrade(or upgrade in another sense?) to Windows 7. Thanks for replying!

I guess I'll give it another try when I received the laptop and see if I wanted to downgrade(or upgrade in another sense?) to Windows 7. Thanks for replying!

I would serious suggest that. I would give it a week at least and install one of the many free windows 7 start menu. It's really not that bad, just don't go on the metro UI and you're golden.

I would give Windows 8 a try as it takes a while to get used to. When I first used Windows 8, I didn't really like it because of the metro ui. But I realized that I don't use many Metro apps and most of the programs that I use are in the desktop so it was not bad. You can use the non-metro image viewer in Windows 8 by just right clicking and going into properties and changing it to Windows Photo Viewer.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I would give Windows 8 a try as it takes a while to get used to. When I first used Windows 8, I didn't really like it because of the metro ui. But I realized that I don't use many Metro apps and most of the programs that I use are in the desktop so it was not bad. You can use the non-metro image viewer in Windows 8 by just right clicking and going into properties and changing it to Windows Photo Viewer.

Thank you for the tip on the photo viewer. It's a life saver!