3700x

I want to know if i buy a x470 motherboard would it work out of the box for 3 gen ryzen cpu. Also any mid range x470 motherboards  Recommendations all want to do is to use it to stream from my Nintendo switch to youtube and twitch and stream pc game as well all i would be play would be FPS and fighting games i already have an elgato capture card for the switch

As of now, chances are slim that an X470 off the shelf just works with 3rd gen Ryzen, but AMD offers a free boot kit so who cares.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Hopes11 said:

Most likely needs a BIOS update, but X570 boards start at $150 anyways? And the really good ones are around $200.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RJxbt6/asrock-x570-phantom-gaming-4-atx-am4-motherboard-x570-phantom-gaming-4

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

As of now, chances are slim that an X470 off the shelf just works with 3rd gen Ryzen, but AMD offers a free boot kit so who cares.

Oh that is nice 

Just now, Hopes11 said:

Oh that is nice 

Yep all you have to do is contact AMD customer support, or if you buy a motherboard that has the BIOS flashback feature to update the BIOS without the CPU it's even more convenient.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Most likely needs a BIOS update, but X570 boards start at $150 anyways? And the really good ones are around $200.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RJxbt6/asrock-x570-phantom-gaming-4-atx-am4-motherboard-x570-phantom-gaming-4

I did want to go with an asrock or msi mobo

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Yep all you have to do is contact AMD customer support, or if you buy a motherboard that has the BIOS flashback feature to update the BIOS without the CPU it's even more convenient.

The ones i was looking at do jot support bios flash back

2 minutes ago, Hopes11 said:

I did want to go with an asrock or msi mobo

Why? Brands don't matter, all of them have low end/bad motherboards.

Which board are you looking at buying? As only MSI has USB bios flashing on cheaper boards

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Hopes11 said:

The ones i was looking at do jot support bios flash back

Then you'd be good to go, just download the updated BIOS onto a USB stick

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Then you'd be good to go, just download the updated BIOS onto a USB stick

I meant to say do not

13 minutes ago, Hopes11 said:

I meant to say do not

What is your budget/country for the PC?

Spoiler

37 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Why? Brands don't matter, all of them have low end/bad motherboards.

Which board are you looking at buying? As only MSI has USB bios flashing on cheaper boards

I went back and look they are x470 bords

If you aren't doing anything too intensive just shoot for a 2700x. That'll work out of the box

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

20 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What is your budget/country for the PC?

I want to stay in the 1000 range but becueas i have a pc not that just too old i was going to use that case and maybe the asus 1080 that it has and intel pc with 8GB of DDR3 AND intel i5 with a asrock 77pro motherboard  

3 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

If you aren't doing anything too intensive just shoot for a 2700x. That'll work out of the box

I was going to do something like that but i want to wait till the 3 gen came out and idk im kinda want to go 3 but 2 gen is just as good too

1 hour ago, Hopes11 said:

I want to stay in the 1000 range but becueas i have a pc not that just too old i was going to use that case and maybe the asus 1080 that it has and intel pc with 8GB of DDR3 AND intel i5 with a asrock 77pro motherboard  

You can pretty easily get a higher end X570 board with that budget though

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rrX87W

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($66.89 @ Amazon)
Storage: Plextor M8VG 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($65.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $661.87

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You can pretty easily get a higher end X570 board with that budget though

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rrX87W

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($66.89 @ Amazon)
Storage: Plextor M8VG 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($65.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $661.87

Thanks I'm have to order the parts and just get build it in my old case thats not that bad of a price 

Thanks I'm have to order the parts and just get build it in my old case thats not that bad of a price 

This is more for the overclocking crowd, but there is some memory info in it as well.

Pretty much all of the $200 boards are fine for even 12 core overclocking. So the 8 core is nothing basically.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Streetguru said:

This is more for the overclocking crowd, but there is some memory info in it as well.

Pretty much all of the $200 boards are fine for even 12 core overclocking. So the 8 core is nothing basically.

Thanks i think I'm just go with that gigabyte one i don't think I'm overclock till later on when i learn how too 

Thanks i think I'm just go with that gigabyte one i don't think I'm overclock till later on when i learn how too 

As long as you have good cooling you can just enable all the boost features and ryzen will max itself out.

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Streetguru said:

As long as you have good cooling you can just enable all the boost features and ryzen will max itself out.

Yeah thank i was think i did overclock i would water cool the pc but im do that later on