Noctua NF-A20 in a Thermaltake V21

kol

Hi, according to noctuas website and numerous pc part picker photos this fan should fit the front of this case. It all screws in fine but the front panel does not properly close. this case supports 30mm thick fans which this noctua is but it doesnt seem compatible? i've even tried mounting it without the anti vibration mounts and still no joy. Any ideas? 

IMG_20190727_191813431.jpg

I have the same case (Core v21, right?) and the same fan. It fits just fine.

Dunno what you're doing wrong here. Are you sure that you're putting it in the right place?

This is a picture of the inside, from the top.

bGERDqs.jpg

I'm guessing you're mounting it too low, thus interfering with the front panel's bottom part?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Looks the same apart from the bottom of the front panel does not click into place. 

15642548874506950815142845922296.jpg

If you notice, on my picture, the fan is slightly higher even though we're seemingly using the same fan hole in the case.

Try turning the fan clockwise, 90˚ so that the Noctua logo right side up and increasing the height a little bit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Aaaah wait, you're not using the right holes! I thought you were using those anti vibration mounting thingy since the holes were "brown", but that was just the brown from the fan itself...

You need to use those "slits" above the single screw holes.

TIcxZ3l.jpg

12 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

If you notice, on my picture, the fan is slightly higher even though we're seemingly using the same fan hole in the case.

Try turning the fan clockwise, 90˚ so that the Noctua logo right side up and using the other holes in the fan.

Theres only 4 holes for mounting, it doesnt matter what way the fan is the screwholes wont line up

3 minutes ago, kol said:

Theres only 4 holes for mounting, it doesnt matter what way the fan is the screwholes wont line up

Yeah, use the slits above the holes. (on the case)

If your screws goes right through the slits, either use a plastic/metal washer or use the anti vibration rubber thingies like I did.

9 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yeah, use the slits above the holes. (on the case)

If your screws goes right through the slits, either use a plastic/metal washer or use the anti vibration rubber thingies like I did.

Just used the rubber mounts and it worked perfect, thanks for the help :D