PSU Voltage low and event ID 41 kernal power

Doge99

I brought this cx550 psu on 25/12/2017 and received on 26/12/2017 

The packaging was just plastic film and delivery label attached on the box without any protection

on Sunday (21/07/2019) the system rebooted while putting the pc on sleep it stay on windows loading screen and reboot until automatic repair starts and try to use system restore it fail and next power up the windows reach on desktop and short while the computer rebooted and same thing happen on tuesday the pc started successfully 

On BIOS the voltage reading was 11.880 voltage (12V rail)

On windows 10 (Hwinfo 64) reported at 11.880 voltage  (12V rail)

so i did stability stress test (AIDA64) on this pc at cpu and gpu being tested the mouse pointer got lagging 

the voltage on 12V rail drop to  11.550 voltage on but on aida64 it is 12.12 to 12.4 volt

the  3.3 volt rail is on 3.2 volts

the 5 volt rail drops to 4 to 5 volt

the cpu does not reach or touch the 95 TDP watts while putting load on the cpu 

gpu might have not reach peak power 

also there was Kernal Power or Event ID 41 might have related to the psu

PC Specs

AMD FX 4300

750Ti 

8GB ram

78lmt-usb3 rev 5.0

1 tb hard drive

dvd drive

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

14 minutes ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

On BIOS the voltage reading was 11.880 voltage (12V rail)

On windows 10 (Hwinfo 64) reported at 11.880 voltage  (12V rail)

The motherboard's voltage reading is imprecise and useless. Doesn't mean anything. 

so i did stability stress test (AIDA64) on this pc at cpu and gpu being tested the mouse pointer got lagging 

Well, duh. That's what happens when you run Aida on CPU. 

gpu might have not reach peak power 

That could not have been caused by the PSU. How did you get to the conclusion that it did not "reach peak power"?

Is anything overclocked?

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Is anything overclocked?

No

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That could not have been caused by the PSU. How did you get to the conclusion that it did not "reach peak power"?

On hwinfo it says 1.03xx watts max

8 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The motherboard's voltage reading is imprecise and useless. Doesn't mean anything. 

Should I buy multimeter and run stress test

And see if it works or not

What about the cpu that not reach power draw of 95 TDP watts

A faulty PSU usually results in weird crashes and instability and can't be diagnosed easily (not with a multimeter).

It is normal for rails to drop a bit when under load, as long as they stay in the ATX spec, which they appear to be.

A CPU not reaching the TDP could just be normal behaviour, especially if its not overclocked and/or badly cooled. My CPU has a TDP of 130, but with stock speeds barely hits 90.

If you have a spare PSU, just test it. if not, see if stuff like that happens again. Windows can be buggy at times and crash so crashing once shouldn't alarm you yet.

14 minutes ago, kompetenzbolzen said:

A faulty PSU usually results in weird crashes and instability and can't be diagnosed easily (not with a multimeter).

It is normal for rails to drop a bit when under load, as long as they stay in the ATX spec, which they appear to be.

A CPU not reaching the TDP could just be normal behaviour, especially if its not overclocked and/or badly cooled. My CPU has a TDP of 130, but with stock speeds barely hits 90.

If you have a spare PSU, just test it. if not, see if stuff like that happens again. Windows can be buggy at times and crash so crashing once shouldn't alarm you yet.

Since I change the psu I encountered random restart from time to time

And the windows installtion is almost 3 years old