1440p 144hz Monitor choices

Aidan Hartline

Hey All,

So I have been looking for a solid 1440p 144hz Monitor that would break the bank. I was thinking a budget of $350 USD max. At first I was kind of thinking it would have to be some cheap korean monitor the Linus has review or smth but I got hit by a stroke of luck. There are 3 options on the table, I think I have made up my mind but I like to see what others have to say. Massdrop (Or rather just Drop whatever the name change was) just listed a 32" 1440p 165hz monitor for $340. So close to my budget but still under. But there are 2 others that kind of caught my interest. I think I am sold on the Drop one from Principle. But here are the 3 Links.

https://drop.com/buy/principle-matters-32-curved-165hz-qhd-1440p-gaming-monitor/reviews#reviews

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078P57ZWL/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=dvznmedia-20&linkId=3bc558adec9e69d5105a24e7dfaf5992&language=en_US

https://www.amazon.com/Pixio-Display-Professional-FreeSync-Certified/dp/B079GN819B/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=toastybros-20&linkId=98b3bd8b6ec643a37a5b514ed6b230ff

Thoughts? I finally have enough to get any of these monitors so what are your opinions?

dont get the "drop" one. its a curved VA panel. those are terrible.

this leaves you with pixio and viotek. its really up to you. they are both not going to be great, but probably the best for your budget

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

dont get the "drop" one. its a curved VA panel. those are terrible.

Whats wrong with Curved VA panels?

1 minute ago, EpicWaffles449 said:

MSI would be my suggestion

Any in particular for sub 350 usd?

3 minutes ago, Aidan Hartline said:

Whats wrong with Curved VA panels?

they have terrible color uniformity, bleed issues, poor color.

you also have to sit perfectly in the center of the curve focal point or it will look distorted. 

overall useability and performance is shit IMO

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

you also have to sit perfectly in the center of the curve focal point or it will look distorted. 

Your thinking of IPS, quality VA panels are known for having MINIMAL bleed over IPS, deeper blacks, and great overall native contrast ratios, the only other panel would be TN, which is the worst of them all. VA panels are currently the best choice in any setup aside from professional photo & video editing.

Just now, EpicWaffles449 said:

Your thinking of IPS, quality VA panels are known for having MINIMAL bleed over IPS, deeper blacks, and great overall native contrast ratios, the only other panel would be TN, which is the worst of them all. VA panels are currently the best choice in any setup aside from professional photo & video editing.

I was about to say that didnt seem quite right

1 hour ago, EpicWaffles449 said:

i am talking about accuracy. accuracy is bad, uniformity is the worst, and you have to sit right in the center. 

FLAT VA is fine. CURVED VA is not fine.

7 hours ago, Saksham said:

that's not true at all. i do own an aoc c24g1 which  has a curved VA pannel . colors are more than decent fon a non-IPS pannel,once calibrated and after loading a custom icm . No bleed issues . i do not need to stay pefectly in the center and there is no distortion at all.performance and smootheness is great!  i don't know what and how many curved VA pannels models you have tested to come to a general conclusion they are ''SHIT'' . i come from a lenovo l24q-10 which is a flat IPS panel,2k resolution , and i do not feel that it's a downgrade at all!