Router password not working

TrainFan475

I just set up a pihole server but I need to configure my cisco linksys e1200 router to use the pihole. The default username and password "admin" are not working, so I don't know what else it could be. If I factory reset my router, does that mean I'll lose internet access and wifi?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

If you reset your router, it means all of the setting will go back to default, nothing else will happen

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

1 minute ago, Faisal A said:

If you reset your router, it means all of the setting will go back to default, nothing else will happen

But does it mean my wifi networks will vanish? Will I have to set them up all over again from scratch?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

Your WIFI networks will just be set to the default username and password

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

2 minutes ago, TrainFan2019 said:

If I factory reset my router, does that mean I'll lose internet access and wifi?

Yes, factory resetting a router will erase the setup settings and will cause you to run the router through setup again before you have the ability to connect to WI-FI or the Internet (for most models, some have an out of the box and ready to connect to network and setup is optional) although it will still mean that your personal settings will be removed and custom SSID network names plus associated passwords will be deleted unless you took a backup file of your firmware settings. I am pretty sure that the Linksys e1200 does not have the built-in wireless network feature since it is very rare from my experience since most models want you to use your own settings for security reasons.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

5 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Your WIFI networks will just be set to the default username and password

This is only for the models that will work right out of the box (like plug and play) for not needing to even enter the settings configuration to setup your network. Especially on older models, you will have to run it through setup otherwise there won't be any network to connect to, I personally think that it would be better to need to setup your WI-FI since many users that use the default logins will be at risk of their data being intercepted/compromised by a potential cyber criminal.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Never mind I figured out what the password is!!! Thanks!!!