Cheap vs. Expensive Gaming!?

RILEYISMYNAME

@RILEYISMYNAME

You gotta get linus to stop bashing motion blur. On a 144hz monitor, any object moving faster than about 1 pixel/7 milliseconds will appear to be skipping around because the monitor can't update fast enough. With motion blur, what you are doing is putting multiple copies of the object at different times into a single frame. So it solves the problem with the slow updates by putting more information per update. So motion can end up looking much smoother, like if you had a higher refresh rate. At the cost of some blur that isn't even noticeable unless you are scrutinizing individual frames.

You should pretty much always use motion blur in modern titles.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:08 PM, RILEYISMYNAME said:

We built six gaming PCs at six different budgets to find out what it's like to game at every price point! (Almost). 

Buy PC parts: 
On Amazon: https://geni.us/DILH0C
On Newegg: https://geni.us/U6uqLk

The Builds:

Hide contents

The Mid-Ranger Specs.png

What Ryzen 5 3k is it? on The Mid Ranger

And what is the letter after B450M-? (motherboard)

and also what GPU Nvida geforce GTX 1660 TI ????? 

Hey guys, so its the time of the lifetime when I decided to build gaming PC, Im thinking about going onto a platform as well, so building more towards "the gentleman style" would you guys be kind enough to recommend me some of the parts which you, would/would not include, and etc.. I was thinking about going up to 1500-2000k (AUD $ if possible) budget with future additions. Im after a full setup, streaming in 1080p60 if possible, Im open to anything, so please hit me up boyz! 

On 7/25/2019 at 2:08 PM, RILEYISMYNAME said:

We built six gaming PCs at six different budgets to find out what it's like to game at every price point! (Almost). 

Buy PC parts: 
On Amazon: https://geni.us/DILH0C
On Newegg: https://geni.us/U6uqLk

The Builds:

Reveal hidden contents

El Cheapo Specs.png

Reveal hidden contents

The Athlete Specs.png

Reveal hidden contents

The Mid-Ranger Specs.png

Reveal hidden contents

The Gentleman Specs.png

Reveal hidden contents

The Glow-Up Specs.png

Reveal hidden contents

Overkill Specs.png

Could you use the glow up to vr game?

• 2 months later...

i wonder where i fit in with a rx580 and 2600x in a cheap case  and 2 monitory one ok 1080p and one old one 

and a old dell keybord and a mouse 

and what is funny i plan to get 32 gig of ram becaser what i use a pc for ram keep on max out 

• 1 month later...

Sorry for beeing late to the show but I just recently took notice of LTT and their (mostly) interesting videos. I am not a gamer but a long time (>30yrs) tech-enthusiast with about 15yrs Linux-only on my computing systems -- XP beeing the last Windows-version I had on a dual-boot PC more than 10 years ago.

I stumbled over this video on 6 gaming systems. Quite a lot has been said about this one vid and these configurations and I really can't hold back on this one. 'El Cheapo', let's call it El Crappy... It makes no sense but sadly this kind of configuration is build quite regularly as bargain offers by computing shops - without the monitor. I will never even enter these shops anyway...

Back to El Cheapo...Why does one get the cheapest parts around (at Amazon...) but finally, once getting to the flat screen, he's coming to his senses choosing one that is an appropriate IPS? Why go with the 200GE unless it's for an undervolted low power media system with good browsing experience, cramped inside a small desktop or media-case? If one intends to have a gaming-box on a budget where casual gaming needs to be possible I agree with other forum-members that he'd likely go with the Ryzen 2200g at least, and of course fast dual-channel while obtaining a cheaper TN-display and at least 1tb SSHD, and I hope he'd even have some bucks left to go for a decent case with a better power supply, maybe an Antec. Yes, it is possible that, in comparision, the 'The Athlete'  would seem to be a little bit overpriced, unless that one does get the Ryzen 5 at least...