Had my steam account held at ransom. Help

im in a panic, my account was just held ransom and while I believe its still up, I now lost ~$200 worth of items. What do I do. please help. He left me alone, but who do  Icall at Valve, I changed the password (it was the only password I had like it) but I dont know how he got in, i got 2FA on.

-

Your only solution is to email Valve.

It will likely take some time but once they confirm that you have indeed been compromised and your account has been altered, they will likely revert the changes and return your items.

Here is their support page on stolen accounts: https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithAccountStolen

Just now, SenioRR said:

Your only solution is to email Valve.

It will likely take some time but once they confirm that you have indeed been compromised and your account has been altered, they will likely revert the changes and return your items.

Any chance of him coming back if they take away the items and give it back.

-

1 minute ago, TheSnowman37 said:

Follow the steps on the support page.

Ensure your PC doesn't have any malicious software; scan it with an antivirus.

Make sure you change your password for your email account too.

Once you are sure that noone else but you has access to your PC and email account, contact Valve and begin the account recovery process.

5 minutes ago, SenioRR said:

Follow the steps on the support page.

Ensure your PC doesn't have any malicious software; scan it with an antivirus.

Make sure you change your password for your email account too.

Once you are sure that noone else but you has access to your PC and email account, contact Valve and begin the account recovery process.

Is windows defender good enough for right now, Ill get something stronger soon.

-

4 minutes ago, TheSnowman37 said:

Is windows defender good enough for right now, Ill get something stronger soon.

i run the free trial of malwarebytes in cases like this.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I think this dude faked this. Just photoshopped in some stuff because he used words like "Ill remove you from my hacking program" and stuff like that. It feels cliche now. Plus if he got by the steam guard thing then couldn't he just have sent himself the trade offer by himself? I thought of this tell me if I'm wrong.

-

13 hours ago, TheSnowman37 said:

I think this dude faked this. Just photoshopped in some stuff because he used words like "Ill remove you from my hacking program" and stuff like that. It feels cliche now. Plus if he got by the steam guard thing then couldn't he just have sent himself the trade offer by himself? I thought of this tell me if I'm wrong.

That's how it should be. Also for future reference, Valve doesn't refund any items lost due hacking of account. Only games you can prove are purchased or redeemed by that account.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

a few months ago I had my WoT and gmail accounts compromised. Gmail was easy to fix, WoT not so much. Took over 2 weeks and fishing through 4 years of bank statements. Online banking only goes back 2 years, and WG wanted my last 3 paid transactions, which the first was over 3 years ago. Needless to say it is worth the hassle for two step verification. Steam guard was started the day my WoT account was hacked.

Oh and They wasted 4800 gold and 14mil credits. They deleted 3 of my tanks I loved, and bought 2 I hate. The only thing WG will give back is premium tanks.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:10 AM, TheSnowman37 said:

There always is. 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:50 PM, TheSnowman37 said:

Probably did fake it. 

Most ransomware is a bluff that can be easily disabled.