Upgrading laptops with CNVio WiFi adapters (eg Intel AC 9560) to newer Intel WiFi 6 (AX200) WiFi 6e (AX210) WiFi 7 (BE200) cards

8 hours ago, Rickyant said:

Hello,
ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GE laptop comes with a pre-installed Intel AC9560.

I installed the Intel AX210NGW card and I confirm that WiFi and Bluetooth work perfectly, much higher performance: 623Mbps download and 105Mbps upload now, 299Mbps download and 101Mbps upload before.
You can add it to the list,
thanks for your help.

Thanks, added to the list.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

• 6 months later...

Got a ROG G731GU that I just replaced the stock AC 9560 with an AX200 card.  Smooth as silk.  WiFi and Bluetooth working perfectly.  I was even all set with drivers downloaded and ready to install, but nothing needed to be done manually at all.  Interestingly, the AC 9560 is still showing up in System Info, but not in the device manager.  I assume that's because CNVi chips are still there, even thought the CRF card is gone.  I was thinking I would disable it, but it's not showing up in the Device Manager or the WiFi network or hardware properties, so I figure there's no need.  Maxed out at a download speed of 802Mb/s before downgrading my service from 1Gb/s to 800Mb/s.

This would also suggest that it would work with the G531, but I haven't tried, yet.  My son has one, and we might slap the same card in that, now that I know it works in my G731.

On 8/4/2023 at 6:28 PM, EdMuse said:

Got a ROG G731GU that I just replaced the stock AC 9560 with an AX200 card.  Smooth as silk.  WiFi and Bluetooth working perfectly.  I was even all set with drivers downloaded and ready to install, but nothing needed to be done manually at all.  Interestingly, the AC 9560 is still showing up in System Info, but not in the device manager.  I assume that's because CNVi chips are still there, even thought the CRF card is gone.  I was thinking I would disable it, but it's not showing up in the Device Manager or the WiFi network or hardware properties, so I figure there's no need.  Maxed out at a download speed of 802Mb/s before downgrading my service from 1Gb/s to 800Mb/s.

This would also suggest that it would work with the G531, but I haven't tried, yet.  My son has one, and we might slap the same card in that, now that I know it works in my G731.

Update: I put an AX210 card in my ROG G731GU.  Also worked smooth as silk, both WiFi and Bluetooth, without the need for a driver update.  I updated the drivers, anyway.  The only catch, as may have been mentioned in this thread (sorry, I'm bad: I didn't read the entire thread before posting, as I just wanted to get the info up that the install worked on these two machines), is that Intel, in their infinite wisdom, is not supporting the 6GHz band in Windows 10....

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless/intel-wi-fi-6e-products.html

There may be some interesting solutions, short of upgrading to Win11.  But since I downgraded to 800Mb/s service at home, I don't really have the need to deal with it.  I just speedtested at over 790MB/s.

Put that AX200 card in my son's ROG G531GT.  Also worked perfectly, both WiFi and Bluetooth.  Also updated the drivers, even though it wasn't altogether necessary.

6 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

Update: I put an AX210 card in my ROG G731GU.  Also worked smooth as silk, both WiFi and Bluetooth, without the need for a driver update.  I updated the drivers, anyway.  The only catch, as may have been mentioned in this thread (sorry, I'm bad: I didn't read the entire thread before posting, as I just wanted to get the info up that the install worked on these two machines), is that Intel, in their infinite wisdom, is not supporting the 6GHz band in Windows 10....

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059385/wireless/intel-wi-fi-6e-products.html

There may be some interesting solutions, short of upgrading to Win11.  But since I downgraded to 800Mb/s service at home, I don't really have the need to deal with it.  I just speedtested at over 790MB/s.

Put that AX200 card in my son's ROG G531GT.  Also worked perfectly, both WiFi and Bluetooth.  Also updated the drivers, even though it wasn't altogether necessary.

Yeah if one works there is no good reason the other shouldn't (on laptops without a whitelist), as the question is if PCIe cards work at all or not.

Looking forward to upgrading mine to WiFi 7 in a year or two, just because I can.  Annoying that my M1 Macbook Pro only supports WiFi 6 and not 6e, but that's my content consumption laptop so doesn't really need high speeds.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

• 2 months later...

I have an ASUS GL703GS and got a new modem + fiber at 2.5Gbps... so I wanted to swap my AC 9560 for a new WiFi6 card. Would AX210 (Killer 1675) work?

In the first message it's not clear if would work on GL703G(S) with i7-8750H (8th gen). Is just 201 limited to Gen10 CPU?

1 hour ago, Hexaae said:

I have an ASUS GL703GS and got a new modem + fiber at 2.5Gbps... so I wanted to swap my AC 9560 for a new WiFi6 card. Would AX210 work?

In the first message it's not clear if would work on GL703G(S) with i7-8750H (8th gen). Is just 201 limited to Gen10 CPU?

I have the AX210 in an ASUS GL703GS, works fine with PCIe cards not just CNVIO.

Of course there are no guarantees you will get more than Gigabit anyway, especially not unless in the same room as the router at the time.  But I did see 100Mbit improvement even on WiFi 5 with the AX210 compared to even the AX200.  In theory it should be capable of 1.2 - 1.6Gbit in an ideal world, but I don't have WiFi 6e to properly test and I seem to have periodic interference on 5Ghz that drops speeds.

WiFi 7 will hopefully solve this problem allowing to reach at least 2Gbit by using 5Ghz and 6Ghz at the same time.  The bold claims of higher speeds should be taken with a pinch of salt,  as that's never the technology we get for normal end-user use.

I'm just trying to update my laptop now to test to see what I currently get on WiFi 6 on the AX210 but I've not used it in ages so its going to take a while.

Thank you. Standard AX210 2230? I've seen there are two versions AX210 2230 and AX210 Killer 1675. Better non-Killer editiion?

7 minutes ago, Hexaae said:

Thank you. Standard AX210 2230? I've seen there are two versions AX210 2230 and AX210 Killer 1675. Better non-Killer editiion?

Yeah the standard, from what I've heard people only end up using the normal drivers on the killer anyway as the killer software causes more problems than it solves.

If it works then you can hopefully upgrade it to WiFi 7 in a couple of years, once the technology is final and more readily available.  I'm dubious at anything claiming to support it right now as they may not be fully feature complete given its not intended to be finalised until May 2024.

I got burned on adopting WiFi 4 too early and none of the cards were compatible with the final spec, though I think modern WiFi cards have an entire SoC in the card these days so are more programmable for these sorts of changes.  But then WiFi 7 routers will cost a kidney for a while anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and I'd like some advice. I have an All in One Asus V241EAK, Intel I5 11Gen system with a 9560NGW wifi card. The idea is that I changed the router to an Asus AX4200 and I'd like to change the AC9560NGW card from Asus as well AIO in AX. I bought an Intel AX211 card, I put it in the system but it is not recognized, I also tried reinstalling Windows 11. What do you think, which WIFI card should I buy, can I put an AX210 card with a KEY connector in the CNVI connector from my motherboard. Thanks in advance and sorry, I'm using Google Translate.

7 hours ago, attila24nagy said:

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and I'd like some advice. I have an All in One Asus V241EAK, Intel I5 11Gen system with a 9560NGW wifi card. The idea is that I changed the router to an Asus AX4200 and I'd like to change the AC9560NGW card from Asus as well AIO in AX. I bought an Intel AX211 card, I put it in the system but it is not recognized, I also tried reinstalling Windows 11. What do you think, which WIFI card should I buy, can I put an AX210 card with a KEY connector in the CNVI connector from my motherboard. Thanks in advance and sorry, I'm using Google Translate.

I'd definitely try, if it doesn't work with an AX210 then sadly it probably wont work with anything newer than it came with.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings. I have now mounted the card but unfortunately it is not recognized by the system, neither wifi nor bluetooth appear in the device manager. Any ideas?

On 11/11/2023 at 11:16 AM, attila24nagy said:

Greetings. I have now mounted the card but unfortunately it is not recognized by the system, neither wifi nor bluetooth appear in the device manager. Any ideas?

Then it probably can't be upgraded to anything newer than what it came with, sadly.

Your only option may be something like the Netgear AXE3000 USB 3.0 WiFi 6e adapter, which is quite expensive and I have no idea how good it is.  I'd expect it to perform well in the same room as the router, but may be worse through walls.

NOTE: Looks like the ALFA AWUS036AXML may be a better option.

• 4 weeks later...

Question, I see several BE200 cards and every one says "Not supported on AMD motherboards"

Is that limitation JUST for laptops? I have a desktop that I can swap the M.2 card out on but it's an AMD motherboard and I want to be sure the BE200 will work with the desktop board before doing the swap.

The motherboard is the Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Question, I see several BE200 cards and every one says "Not supported on AMD motherboards"

Is that limitation JUST for laptops? I have a desktop that I can swap the M.2 card out on but it's an AMD motherboard and I want to be sure the BE200 will work with the desktop board before doing the swap.

The motherboard is the Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master.

I'd think that's a mistake as the BE200 is a standard PCIe card so I don't see how it wouldn't work on AMD.  The BE201 of course would be Intel only.

Have to admit I'm a little disappointed with Intel cards at this point, they are the poorest performing WiFi 6 devices on my network.

On a 160Mhz channel my AX210 only hits about 1020Mbit (only a 200Mbit gain over my Galaxy S10 on 80Mhz), and an 80Mhz channel performs below-par as well.  It also only managed this once I removed all WiFi 5 devices from my network (put them on their own AP) whereas my Steam Deck has hit 1700Mbit (in synthetic testing).  Seems the Intel is only getting a link rate rate of around 1600Mbit whereas other devices do the full 2400Mbit.

I've seen people with the AX411 praising it because they are getting the speeds my Steam Deck can do without unofficial WiFi trickery that Intel are pulling on that card.  I really hope they stepped up their game with the BE200 (and it remains fully compatible with ratified WiFi 7) or its going to barely be an improvement compared to properly working WiFi 6 clients.

3 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I'd think that's a mistake as the BE200 is a standard PCIe card so I don't see how it wouldn't work on AMD.  The BE201 of course would be Intel only.

Have to admit I'm a little disappointed with Intel cards at this point, they are the poorest performing WiFi 6 devices on my network.

On a 160Mhz channel my AX210 only hits about 1020Mbit (only a 200Mbit gain over my Galaxy S10 on 80Mhz), and an 80Mhz channel performs below-par as well.  It also only managed this once I removed all WiFi 5 devices from my network (put them on their own AP) whereas my Steam Deck has hit 1700Mbit (in synthetic testing).  Seems the Intel is only getting a link rate rate of around 1600Mbit whereas other devices do the full 2400Mbit.

I've seen people with the AX410/411 praising it because they are getting the speeds my Steam Deck can do without unofficial WiFi trickery that Intel are pulling on that card.  I really hope they stepped up their game with the BE200 (and it remains fully compatible with ratified WiFi 7) or its going to barely be an improvement compared to properly working WiFi 6 clients.

I think, after doing more research, that AMD boards use A-Key and the BE200 is E-Key only.

There is the BE202 which is A+E-Key but I can't find it anywhere 😞

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I think, after doing more research, that AMD boards use A-Key and the BE200 is E-Key only.

There is the BE202 which is A+E-Key but I can't find it anywhere 😞

Good find, I wonder why the difference?

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year!

New to this forum and just wanted to extend a huge thanks to everyone who has posted something here.  Incredibly useful information. 

I was able to successfully upgrade a Dell G5 5590 laptop (Windows 11) from AC9560 to AX210.  After starting up the first time, the laptop connected to the network, but I couldn't browse anything, and bluetooth wasn't recognized.  However, after a second reboot, the WiFi kicked in, and I was able to download updated drivers using Windows Update.  It's possible the first attempt failed because it was blocked due to a firewall (eg: new configuration detected, full scan needed to be completed first).

For those who are interested, this is the card I upgraded to: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B4T696W5.  I haven't set up my 6e router yet, so I can't fully comment on performance. But even on a WiFi 5 router, I think I can notice a speed boost.  Bluetooth also seems to be working, though I don't really use it.

Hope someone finds this useful!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, Alex Atkin UK said:

To save everyone time I have summarised the conclusion we came to in the thread.

Summary updated 24th November 2023.

1. The AX201 (CNVIO2) can only work with Intel 10th Generation CPUs or newer!
  2. The PCIe cards (in title) can work with some CNVIo laptops, it depends if the manufacturer included PCIe support as well in the slot and sadly they won't tell you, its trial and error.
  3. PCIe cards or PCIe to M.2 WiFi adapters will work great on desktops, although many with M.2 WiFi sockets can also be swapped out.  I did on my ASUS Z370-I Gaming, but the same caveats apply if your existing card is CNVio, although it seems more common for them to support PCIe too than on laptops.

The Intel BE200 WiFi 7 card is now out, it should work equally as well except theres a chance it wont be fully WiFi 7 compliant as the standard has not been ratified yet, although Intel seem to think its likely to be fine.  As I wont be getting WiFi 7 until its ratified I will still cautiously recommend the Intel AX210 as it supports the full WiFi 6e (which will still work on WiFi 7) and seems to perform slightly better than the AX200 even on plain WiFi 5.  Although strangely I've also found the AX200 performs better than the AX210 on WiFi 6, though did not test this on the laptop so it may just be differences in antenna design.

Laptop that supports CNVIo2 but strangely seems to work better with a PCIe card:

ASUS VivoBook S15 S533EA

Laptops that came with CNVio cards but confirmed to be PCIe (AX200/210) compatible:

ASUS GL703G

ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GE

Dell G7 7588

Dell Inspiron 7586 2-in-1

Dell Inspiron 7786 2-in-1

Dell Precision 3530

Lenovo Y540-17IRH-PG0

Lenovo Yoga S740

MSI GE 75 Raider 8SG

MSI GS63VR

MSI GL65-9SEK (AX200 performed slower than original card but AX210 may fix that)

MSI GS65-9SE

MSI GL75 9SFK

MSI GT72S

ThinkPad X1 Extreme gen 1 (no bluetooth support as USB not supported on socket)

Laptops confirmed NOT to work:

Acer Swift 1 SF114-32

MSI GS75 - but was worked around by using spare NVMe socket intended for SSD.

GS75 Stealth 8SF

Motherboards confirmed to work with PCIe cards in their WiFi M.2 slot:

Gigabyte B360N GSM (with M.2 slot advertised as CNVi 1)

Motherboards confirmed NOT to work:

MSI B360i

The original thread continues below:

Has anyone successfully replaced an Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 with an AX201?

I tried on my ASUS GL703G and the laptop refuses to power up, or even detect the charger, with the card installed.  When I remove it the laptop immediately tries to power up (like it remembered I'd pressed the power button and the blocking factor was suddenly removed).  I even tried removing the battery to make sure it hadn't crashed the power management chip or something (kinda should have done that before swapping the cards I guess, but no damage done).

ASUS do not blacklist cards, but they also refuse to provide any support for aftermarket upgrades, the usual response of "if it doesn't work, it must not be compatible".  The seller I bought the AX201 from is repeating the same thing.

I'm almost certain the card MUST be faulty to behave like this, as Intel clearly list the AX201 as the replacement for the AC 9560, both being CRF cards. https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

It makes no sense a compatible but somehow not supported by the BIOS (why would it even need BIOS support if there is no blacklist?) card would prevent powering up.  At worst I'd expect it to not be detected.

Such a PITA after my other laptop, also by ASUS, went flawlessly upgrading from the 8265 to an AX200.  I just knew CRF/CNVIo was going to be trouble.

First of all, thank you and the community very much for your work 🙂 

I've recently upgraded the original CNVio 9560 of a MSI modern 14 A10M (so powered by an i5-10210U) with an ax200 and I can confirm it works flawlessly out of the box, so you can add it to the list as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 11:12 AM, Alex Atkin UK said:

To save everyone time I have summarised the conclusion we came to in the thread.

Summary updated 12th January 2024.

1. The AX201 (CNVIO2) can only work with Intel 10th Generation CPUs or newer!
  2. The PCIe cards (in title) can work with some CNVIo laptops, it depends if the manufacturer included PCIe support as well in the slot and sadly they won't tell you, its trial and error.
  3. PCIe cards or PCIe to M.2 WiFi adapters will work great on desktops, although many with M.2 WiFi sockets can also be swapped out.  I did on my ASUS Z370-I Gaming, but the same caveats apply if your existing card is CNVio, although it seems more common for them to support PCIe too than on laptops.

The Intel BE200 WiFi 7 card is now out, it should work equally as well except theres a chance it wont be fully WiFi 7 compliant as the standard has not been ratified yet, although Intel seem to think its likely to be fine.  As I wont be getting WiFi 7 until its ratified I will still cautiously recommend the Intel AX210 as it supports the full WiFi 6e (which will still work on WiFi 7) and seems to perform slightly better than the AX200 even on plain WiFi 5.  Although strangely I've also found the AX200 performs better than the AX210 on WiFi 6, though did not test this on the laptop so it may just be differences in antenna design.

Laptop that supports CNVIo2 but strangely seems to work better with a PCIe card:

ASUS VivoBook S15 S533EA

Laptops that came with CNVio cards but confirmed to be PCIe compatible:

ASUS GL703G

ASUS ZenBook Pro 15 UX580GE

Dell G7 7588

Dell Inspiron 7586 2-in-1

Dell Inspiron 7786 2-in-1

Dell Precision 3530

Lenovo Y540-17IRH-PG0

Lenovo Yoga S740

MSI GE 75 Raider 8SG

MSI GS63VR

MSI GL65-9SEK (AX200 performed slower than original card but AX210 may fix that)

MSI GS65-9SE

MSI GL75 9SFK

MSI GT72S

MSI Modern 14 A10M

ThinkPad X1 Extreme gen 1 (no bluetooth support as USB not supported on socket)

Laptops confirmed NOT to work:

Acer Swift 1 SF114-32

MSI GS75 - but was worked around by using spare NVMe socket intended for SSD.

GS75 Stealth 8SF

Motherboards confirmed to work with PCIe cards in their WiFi M.2 slot:

Gigabyte B360N GSM (with M.2 slot advertised as CNVi 1)

Motherboards confirmed NOT to work:

MSI B360i

The original thread continues below:

Has anyone successfully replaced an Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 with an AX201?

I tried on my ASUS GL703G and the laptop refuses to power up, or even detect the charger, with the card installed.  When I remove it the laptop immediately tries to power up (like it remembered I'd pressed the power button and the blocking factor was suddenly removed).  I even tried removing the battery to make sure it hadn't crashed the power management chip or something (kinda should have done that before swapping the cards I guess, but no damage done).

ASUS do not blacklist cards, but they also refuse to provide any support for aftermarket upgrades, the usual response of "if it doesn't work, it must not be compatible".  The seller I bought the AX201 from is repeating the same thing.

I'm almost certain the card MUST be faulty to behave like this, as Intel clearly list the AX201 as the replacement for the AC 9560, both being CRF cards. https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

It makes no sense a compatible but somehow not supported by the BIOS (why would it even need BIOS support if there is no blacklist?) card would prevent powering up.  At worst I'd expect it to not be detected.

Such a PITA after my other laptop, also by ASUS, went flawlessly upgrading from the 8265 to an AX200.  I just knew CRF/CNVIo was going to be trouble.

Please add ASUS G731GU to support BE200. I was not sure whether it would be recognised or not, until I installed the BE200 today. However, suprisingly it works well after installing correct software from Intel on Windows 11 system.

On 1/18/2024 at 9:41 PM, DFHunter said:

Please add ASUS G731GU to support BE200. I was not sure whether it would be recognised or not, until I installed the BE200 today. However, suprisingly it works well after installing correct software from Intel on Windows 11 system.

As mentioned, the BE200 should work in anything the AX200/210 does as its still a standard PCIe interface.

As even a single PCIe 3.0 lane (what is typically used in a WiFi M.2 slot) would top out around 8Gbit (after overheads), it should still handle expected WiFi 7 speeds just fine. 

As I understand it WiFi 7 can be bi-directional (using one frequency band for downloads while another for uploads) and it should peak around 5Gbit in total (combined upload+download bandwidth) in most implementations (2x2 MU-MIMO).  This should be a huge improvement in latency given previous WiFi versions could only transmit or receive at any given time, so it had to constantly switch between transmit and receive mode.

However, I stand by my conclusion that it may be a bit premature to buy the BE200 until WiFi 7 is ratified, it may not be 100% compatible with routers/APs following the ratified standard vs what we have now which is "WiFi 7 CERTIFIED" which is just a few companies who banded together to release hardware before its an actual standard. 

Frustratingly the WiFi Alliance are almost like the mafia of WiFi, a group of the best known manufacturers banding together to release hardware early that may not be fully compatible with the REAL IEEE WiFi 7 standard.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently installed AX210 on MSI G-65 Thin with 10th gen intel chip (had previous AX201). First power up, very fast internet speeds. Rebooted and wifi and card disappeared on device manager (except under hidden devices). AX210 "not starting up, event ID 411, Kernel-PnP" in device manager. Tried EC reset- recommended by MSI. Did nothing. Fast boot off in BIOS. Intel driver assistant updated with most current driver. Not sure if this laptop supports this card. Updated when i damaged antennae connector on AX201 when installing RAM. Maybe I should have just purchased another AX201....

Anyone else seeing this on an MSI GF65 Thin 10th gen intel?

5 hours ago, cddelbert said:

Recently installed AX210 on MSI G-65 Thin with 10th gen intel chip (had previous AX201). First power up, very fast internet speeds. Rebooted and wifi and card disappeared on device manager (except under hidden devices). AX210 "not starting up, event ID 411, Kernel-PnP" in device manager. Tried EC reset- recommended by MSI. Did nothing. Fast boot off in BIOS. Intel driver assistant updated with most current driver. Not sure if this laptop supports this card. Updated when i damaged antennae connector on AX201 when installing RAM. Maybe I should have just purchased another AX201....

Anyone else seeing this on an MSI GF65 Thin 10th gen intel?

My guess would be you were just unlucky and got a faulty card that died, as if it worked at all its clearly supported.  I doubt the antenna connector is related as even if you somehow shorted it out and the radio died, I'd expect the card to still initialise properly but with no or a poor signal.

Hi, hope everyone is doing fine.

Would you be kind enough to help me please.

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak005na (ENERGY STAR) with a 80A9 91.1E mainboard model, an intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz  and an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

I want to upgrade the wifi card to a Wifi 6/6E (AX200/AX210)  if not to AC 9260.

Could you please advise me what my options are, which is the best I can have or my laptop supports.

I live in the UK.

I read something about no vPro, my new card should one of them.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, luque said:

Hi, hope everyone is doing fine.

Would you be kind enough to help me please.

I have a HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak005na (ENERGY STAR) with a 80A9 91.1E mainboard model, an intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz  and an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

I want to upgrade the wifi card to a Wifi 6/6E (AX200/AX210)  if not to AC 9260.

Could you please advise me what my options are, which is the best I can have or my laptop supports.

I live in the UK.

I read something about no vPro, my new card should one of them.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

As detailed in the thread, we simply don't know as vendors do not tell you the compatibility for WiFi card replacement, they don't want you to upgrade when you can buy a new laptop.  Chances are low though as HP tend to lock things down to only the cards they provide with their laptops.

On 2/3/2024 at 5:39 AM, Alex Atkin UK said:

As detailed in the thread, we simply don't know as vendors do not tell you the compatibility for WiFi card replacement, they don't want you to upgrade when you can buy a new laptop.  Chances are low though as HP tend to lock things down to only the cards they provide with their laptops.

Hello again, just a quick update.

I did upgrade my WiFi card with an Intel AX210 and does work.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09P1B55JQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I did the same with an older HP and a newer Asus VivoBook.

I tried it also in a Dell Vostro 11th gen i5 and in an Acer XC885 9th gen i5 but they are not compatible.

Thank you for your time, much appreciated.

Edited by luque