Hi i am upgrading my secondary rig just want some thoughts right now its a pentium d at 3.0 ghz cant over clock its a oem board its got 2 gigs of ram a radeon hd 5570 in it right now and a 305 watt powersuply oh yea also has windows 7 ultimate and linux. Im upgrading as cheap as possible i was thinking a core 2 duo e6600 for 30 bucks (beats the crap out of pentium d and wont spend the money on a core 2 quad also mobo dosent support c2q) up the ram by getting 4 gig dual chanel kit and for gfx i was thinking something like a hd 7750 or a gtx 550 or something older and more high end like a hd 5850 or a gtx 470 (but then id have to upgrade the powersupply since it dosent have pcie power connectors

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

A 7750 and a 550 would both bottleneck. What is your budget for the upgrade?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Hi i am upgrading my secondary rig just want some thoughts right now its a pentium d at 3.0 ghz cant over clock its a oem board its got 2 gigs of ram a radeon hd 5570 in it right now and a 305 watt powersuply oh yea also has windows 7 ultimate and linux. Im upgrading as cheap as possible i was thinking a core 2 duo e6600 for 30 bucks (beats the crap out of pentium d and wont spend the money on a core 2 quad also mobo dosent support c2q) up the ram by getting 4 gig dual chanel kit and for gfx i was thinking something like a hd 7750 or a gtx 550 or something older and more high end like a hd 5850 or a gtx 470 (but then id have to upgrade the powersupply since it dosent have pcie power connectors

I would just save up a build a new computer.

Edit: Oh never mind it is your secondary computer, I still don't see it as worthwhile to upgrade it.

Are you sure that ram is not DDR2 though? It will not work with any new ram. Also, this "new" machine would be awful anyways.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

It's better to save the money for the new PC, even if it is your secondary PC. It's not worth upgrading that.

Lol.

sorry for the lack of punctuation!!! I posted this from my  tablet. Budget is 100$ ps i use it for whe i have a freind over to play on lan. stuff like call of dudy world at war a few racing games dota2, tones of indie games but nuthing super high end. also res is 720p old hd tv. goal is to get better fps or at least higher details in call of duty it runs like 30 fps on medium and drops to 20fps in super intensive areas

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.