Questions about this Wifi card I bought.

I have an m.2 to PCIe adapter(I will link the card at the bottom) which has a built in AC 9260. My brother has an older Intel wifi card: the AC 3165. Even though we are the same distance from the router(20-23 feet) he will have a constant 9 ping while my ping goes from 30-200. So my questions are: does a m.2 to PCIe adapter weaken a wifi card's range and power if it was meant to be in the m.2 slot? Does the AC 3165 just have better range than the AC 9260?
Link to my card: https://www.amazon.com/Fenvi-Wireless-AC-2030Mbps-802-11ac-MU-MIMO/dp/B07DMDZ888

m.2 is just the shape of the connector to connect the card to the pc

if you connected well both antennas on the m.2 card and you have problems with strength of the signal or high ping you could try changing the wifi channel on the router but as you see, some intel wifi cards are great, others, well, you should read reviews before buying

for example ac 3160 mini pciexpress and 3165 that is m.2 are great

the intell 7200 series have mixed reviews

i havent used that intel 9200 yet, the fenvi you bougth seems to provide the pcb, the antennas and then solder a intel card to do the rest, but is a solution based on a laptop part

you could buy a 3165 for laptop, buy the adapter for it and use it since you already like the performance or you could just use a ethernet adapter, wifi is problematic, a ethernet cable is the solution